• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2 doesn't receive cc's

Kontakt 2 doesn't receive cc's

I recently bought a new computer and therefore finally upgraded to the Kontakt 2 versions of GPO and GJBB. I am so far unable to use cc messages without first assigning them to a particular slider or knob from the Midi Automation tab in Kontakt. It makes calling up instruments much more slow, and it also means that I don't have access to the hidden controllers because there's no knob and they're unresponsive.

What's the workaround for this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

- Jezza

DP 5 or Logic 8
    OSX 10.5
    8 core Intel Mac

Re: Kontakt 2 doesn't receive cc's

I'd love to know the answer too!

That's very strange and I don't experience it. Are you guys both on Intel macs?

yup, a brand new one. WIth kontakt 2, logic pro, 4 gigs of b-e-a-utiful ram...

i cant even manage to assign most of the cc tracks to knobs in kontakt! (or in other words, it wont let me assign knobs to cc messages...)

This is very strange. . .

I'm able to control the assigned CC's to all of the Garritan's sound libraries using either the full-version Kontakt 2 software and the Kontakt 2 Player (both updated to the latest versions). The only time I need to configure the CC's (as described in the original post) is setting up panning and volume changes. This isn't necessarily true for some of the other libraries, though. I have to assign most CC's (as described in the original post) for the Kirk Hunter orchestral library, although the modulation wheel works fine. Which version of Kontak and/or Kontakt 2 Player are you using?? Also, are you using the plug-ins from within Logic 8 are routing the midi out to the Kontakt 2 stand-alone??

What about your keyboard controller?? Is it configured to give the correct CC number on the correct midi channel??

Just got a call from my wife who's at work. . . I'm picking her up for a Valentine's Day dinner. Got to go, but will think on this some more. It seems like there should be a solution to this somehow. In the meanwhile, post all that you can about your system and audio & midi set-up. There might be issues with any part of the set-up that's worth consideration.

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Very odd - I've never had to do any cc assignments. I've glanced at the tab in KP2 where all that can be done, but have never had reason to make use of it. I just program my keyboard's wheel to send what I want and the appropriate knob in the loaded instruments GUI turns, modulating the appropriate element of the instrument.

Randy B.

I'm just taking a stab, as I am not very familiar with Logic or DP, but have you tried looking around for a menu having to do with receiving and transmitting types of midi data? Perhaps CC is not enabled?

You could also try a reinstall of K2 and all of the products. That sometimes helps.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

There are settings in the KoMpakt player that need to be enabled in order to read CC:07

It's possible that they're disabled by default so have a look in the settings.

Go Back to forum