• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: "Shamrockin'"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Shamrockin'"

    All,

    Here is my "Shamrockin'", featuring a soprano recorder, tenor recorder and the GPO Gagliano solo violin.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Okay... I played the recorder in elementary school... and that does NOT sound like a recorder. >.<

    Anyway, a very interesting piece. LOVE the way the parts work together.

    Wonderful! Thanks for posting!
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

  3. #3

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Mr. Larry,

    Are you going for a "bagpipes type" sound in the beginning? Hope so, I liked that "drone" note you held. The rest of the work is very playful and covers a wide spectrum of rhythms and harmony.

    Very much enjoyed!

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielB View Post
    Okay... I played the recorder in elementary school... and that does NOT sound like a recorder. >.<

    Anyway, a very interesting piece. LOVE the way the parts work together.

    Wonderful! Thanks for posting!
    These are professional recorder samples. The instruments are beautifully made from fine wood. You probably played a plastic "recorder" in school. There's a world of difference.

    Thanks for listening.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    Mr. Larry,

    Are you going for a "bagpipes type" sound in the beginning? Hope so, I liked that "drone" note you held. The rest of the work is very playful and covers a wide spectrum of rhythms and harmony.

    Very much enjoyed!

    Michael
    Yes, I was trying to emulate a bagpipe drone at the beginning.

    I'm glad you liked it. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Very nice work on the writing in this, Larry.

    Much enjoyed.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Very nice work on the writing in this, Larry.

    Much enjoyed.

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Muchly obliged, Mr. Dave. Thanks for your kind comments.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Hi Larry,

    Ahhh, such a nice sound with those recorders, made even more so with some wonderful composing to feature them! There was a definite reverence to the overall color of the piece while remaining playful at the same time. One of your more "serious" pieces, Larry, and thoroughly enjoyable by virtue of it being so well-written -- no surprise!

    I was quite impressed with the authenticity of the recorder sounds (and the way you used them so idiomatically). What library are they from??

    Another very fine work of music, Larry!

    Danny

  9. #9

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Larry,

    Ahhh, such a nice sound with those recorders, made even more so with some wonderful composing to feature them! There was a definite reverence to the overall color of the piece while remaining playful at the same time. One of your more "serious" pieces, Larry, and thoroughly enjoyable by virtue of it being so well-written -- no surprise!

    I was quite impressed with the authenticity of the recorder sounds (and the way you used them so idiomatically). What library are they from??

    Another very fine work of music, Larry!

    Danny
    Those recorders are from the new Kontakt 3 sample library.

    Thanks for your message, Mr. Danny. It means a lot to me.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,024

    Re: "Shamrockin'"

    A enjoyable recording. The instruments worked well together in structure and sound.

    They called the plastic recorder a tonet or when I played one.



    Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •