• Register
  • Help

Topic: Challenges?

I received an email today from one of the forum members who raised an interseting point.

I first have a question for Mr. Garritan:

Would be possible to have a seperate forum for the challenges? This would make it easier to find the threads on each of the challenges taking place.

To this Forum:

Wouldn't it be fun to have several different challenges (this idea comes from the email I received). For instance:

Orchestration Challenge
    Movie Theme Challenge
    Jazz Challenge
    Pop Song Challenge
    Solo Instrument Challenge

I am not trying to water-down any of the existing challenges. I think there could be a wealth of composers on this huge forum that would be interested in different types of challenges. All one has to do is go to the listening room and see all the wonderful talent there that is displayed in such diverse styles and types of music.

Am I just stirring up the waters and making, mud? Or, would there be an interest in creating a diverse pallette of musical challenges?

Just musing...
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Challenges?

Except, out of sight out of mind.

More people visit this forum, so the challenges are more visible. I am one that would probably not visit a separate challenge forum, as I rarely enter a challenge but like to vote!

I'm all for fun and variety
    with the right amount of sobriety
    and without any anxiety!

Let's have them all
    and have a ball
    in the listening hall!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Challenges?

I dunt know ... but you got som spaining to du ...

Really, all jokes aside ... no beef on rye ... tumble to dry ... I think this is a snazzy idea!

Hmmm, that's a good question. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but I do see where it could lead to a "watered down" feeling. But hey, as long as we have the people (which it seems we do) I don't think it could be too harmful, though, I think styxx is right, the idea needs a bit more details. I can't really decide for sure which I would rather have, the way it is now, or a separate room for challenges. I suppose we could always have a "pilot" challenge for each of those, to use as a guage for participation and to decide whether the challenge is worth continuing or not...
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum