• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Samples on a Mac in Cubase

Share/Bookmark

Giga Samples on a Mac in Cubase

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to use gigastudio samples within cubase on a mac? i don't want to use gigastudio anymore, but i do want to use some of the samples...

thanks,
    Ben

Re: Giga Samples on a Mac in Cubase

I'd give Linux Sampler a try and see if they've got the MAC version working.
    It's made to play .gig and is free.

Well both Kontakt and Mach5 read giga format, but not particularly well. Good for simple patches, but alot of the more complex key switch layers will be broken.
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

Tascam should be releasing GVI4 in the near future, which runs as a normal plugin on both Mac and Windows systems

http://www.tascamgiga.com/products/gvi_4.html

"soon to be available" ... it's been like this for a long long time...

The wait goes on...

Any one see this at Namm? Was it at Namm?

Jim
    -----------------
    MacPro 2x3 Ghz Quad Intel OSX 10.4.11 DP 5.13
    9 Gig RAM
    VI's & Libs: Ethno4 / Tsaiko/ RA / Symphonic Choirs/ MX 4 / V-Station / Kontact / Arturia MiniMoog V / EWQLSO Gold / GPO / Atmosphere / Trilogy / NI Komplete4 / Massive / SAM Horns / True Strike /GPO/Garritan Jazz Band / QL Brass /Stylus RMX/ Atmosphere /Trilogy/ Voices of Passion

If it's anything like the wait we had for GS3 to come out... it'll be out some time next year...

But as croftish said, you can open .gig files in Kontakt and Mach5. The simple patches will open just fine, but for more complex patches you'll need to go in and edit them to get the functionality back. It's a bit of a hassle, but with K2's scripting ability I find that I can get more functionality out of the samples than they previously had in GS.
    Tim

Thanks a lot for the help, everyone! I really just want to use my piano and rhodes sounds, so I am not too concerned about any keyswitching.

Ben

Go Back to forum