• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ARIA or KP2 ?

Share/Bookmark

ARIA or KP2 ?

Well, I'm completely sold on the GPO as it sits right now with the KP2 as the sampler, BUT, it sounds like ARIA is going to be much better. It also sounds as if it is right around the corner.

So, should I buy GPO v3 now, or wait for ARIA?
    It's a Viking thing.

Re: ARIA or KP2 ?

Hi,

Will Aria work under Vista X64 ?

i've a new PC with Vista X64, WaveRT drivers, Asio, 4 Gb ram......

Olivier

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Will Aria work under Vista X64 ?

i've a new PC with Vista X64, WaveRT drivers, Asio, 4 Gb ram......
    Aria has been announced as a 64-bit sampler engine compatible with 32 and 64-bit operating systems (Mac, Windows, and Linux). Your specs look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by holderofthehorns View Post
    Well, I'm completely sold on the GPO as it sits right now with the KP2 as the sampler, BUT, it sounds like ARIA is going to be much better. It also sounds as if it is right around the corner.
    Gary has stated that the port to ARIA versions of JABB and GPO are in progress, however it will probably be several months before they get close to release. Knowing Gary, I'm willing to bet there will be a generous upgrade path. I'd say buy GPO v3 now if you're really excited for it .

Best,
    Reegs

Definitely do not wait.

Quote Originally Posted by holderofthehorns View Post

I agree with all that has been said here.

Although Gary has announced that work has started on coding GPO for ARIA, it will be a while yet before it's available.

When the GPO + ARIA version is released there is no doubt that Gary will offer a very good upgrade option and I'm sure it will be very popular and widely taken up.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Pickup GPO now. As mentioned, it will be awhile before the ARIA version is available.

Aria will be compatible with Vista and Windows XP x86 and x64 OS's as well as AU and RTAS versions.

Jim

I visited with Gary at TMEA in San Antonio the last few days.
    The new Steinway sound is great, and uses the Aria. The set-up is entertaining to watch as you can see the piano keys going down like a player piano.
    The Aria will eventually be available in all of the programs and should be a great relief from Kontact problems.
    Gary Mosse

Quote Originally Posted by garymosse View Post
    The Aria will eventually be available in all of the programs and should be a great relief from Kontact problems.
    Sooo, you have insider knowledge, that Aria will be 100% bug free on all systems?

Hi Nickie,
    I wouldn't call it insider knowledge. It's more like I visited the
    Dealer showcase.
    The last time I installed anything on my computer without a problem was............................................... ..................................?
    Gary

I am sorry if I sound like I'm trying to spoil the fun. Lately a lot of people have hyped Aria to the extent, that they are in fact raising expectations skyhigh. And I honestly don't think thay are doing neither themselves nor Garritan a favor by doing so, since Aria is obviously going to be a rather complicated program and brand new complicated programs usually tend to be anything but bug free. A somewhat more realistic level of expectations might be healthy for everyone - better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed.

Go Back to forum