• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX/Recycle question - how can I do this?

Share/Bookmark

RMX/Recycle question - how can I do this?

I'm trying to combine some individual files into a "combi" like file without creating a multi (I don't want a multi for lots of reasons but that's not the point).

My problem is with Recycle I can only create 1 layer of MIDI maps
    for example:

/Users/jeremywhaley/Desktop/Picture 1.png

But certain RMX files have several maps as in this one:

/Users/jeremywhaley/Desktop/Picture 2.png

Does anyone know if/who I can create this combination map with Recycle?

To complicate things I created one Recycle file that converted with the following multiple layers ONCE - but I have NO CLUE how I created it

/Users/jeremywhaley/Desktop/Picture 3.png

As you can see in this image C1 holds forever. It wasn't useful as it wasn't intentional but it makes me think maybe multiple layers can be done. Any ideas?

J-

Re: RMX/Recycle question - how can I do this?

Okay - I can't get my images to upload - anyone know how I can do that???

J-

Without seeing the pictures this is a guess... but when you import a folder of recycled loops through the sage converter, it gives you a category with several loops under one heading, like most of those in the RMX content. If you set that channel in RMX to groove mode instead of slice mode then the different keyboard notes will trigger those different loops under the selected heading (whereas slice mode just plays back one note in midi slices).

Bascially using recycle you create 1 rex file at a time, but it depends how you import those rex files through the sage converter that determine how they show up in your RMX browser.

Hope that helps, i'd just try experimenting with bringing in folders of rex files through the sage converter and seeing how they show up in RMX.

How can I make my images appear on this NS message? I've seen it done before but Apparently I don't know how to do it. Maybe that would help

J-

Go Back to forum