• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: My Los Angeles string recording session- WOW!

Share/Bookmark

My Los Angeles string recording session- WOW!

I am almost speechless........WOW is the best I can think to describe the session. The performers were simply amazing! The studio was simply amazing! The recording engineers were simply amazing! http://www.firehouserecordingstudios.com/

THANK YOU to John Graham for getting me in touch with the cellist/contractor who set the whole thing up. My God what a night and day difference this was compared to the nightmare Las Vegas session. I don't want to further dog the Las Vegas performers, but after working with the LA performers the Las Vegas performers I used should be ashamed of themselves! I now have new found faith in string performers again. If anyone needs professional and talented strings in LA shoot me an e-mail and I will put you in contact with them. Off to bed now....I've had a long day's drive and many hours in the studio and I'm tired. I will be going to bed with a big smile on my face. zzzzzzzzz........

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: My Los Angeles string recording session- WOW!

Glad to hear this time around you had such a good experience.
    I look forward to the finished project...do keep us informed about its progress.

At last Sean! Something positive! Just stick to the upside things and soon your CD will be a reality (and hopefully selling like hot cakes! )

Good to hear this worked out.

I can't remember if I posted a response after reading the message you got from one of the original string players. Her response made me friggin' crazy. Very lame. Very very lame.

I would suggest you provide feedback to the Los Vegas musicians about your LA session.

You can be professional about it. I think people always should be given feedback, good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemaster View Post
    I would suggest you provide feedback to the Los Vegas musicians about your LA session.

You can be professional about it. I think people always should be given feedback, good and bad.
    Considering how poorly the leader of the session treated me when she learned of my dissatisfaction, I am not even going to bother with them. Maybe I will drop them my CD when completed so they can hear real professionals.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Thank you all for the good words! All I can say is I am one happy camper this time around. I honestly believe that this was meant to be. Sometimes God and the universe work in mysterious ways.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    Considering how poorly the leader of the session treated me when she learned of my dissatisfaction, I am not even going to bother with them. Maybe I will drop them my CD when completed so they can hear real professionals.
    Yeah- you dont owe them anything Sean. I'd be inclined to forget the LV group too and move on - sounds like you have a good alternative now!

Mods: Dont know if its just me but the multi-quote feature doesnt seem to work yet - thanks.

i say name names!

Congratulations! I cheered when I first saw your post!

Go Back to forum