• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonik Synth 2 in Logic 8 - HELP

Share/Bookmark

Sonik Synth 2 in Logic 8 - HELP

Hi People - getting desperate now. I've already tried posting a topic on Sound On Sound's Mac Forum but haven't had a response. Sooo....

Just wondering if anyone is using Sonik Synth 2 inside Logic 8. I jumped on the Group Buy at the end of the year but everytime I open an instance it crashes within a minute - even when the entire system is left untouched.

Yes, I've been on to IK Multimedia's support team and some degree of investigation took place, with me sending several crash logs and screenshots, which appeared to show that the crash was happening as SS2 gathered BPM info from Logic. The last I heard from them, they said "Ah yes, we know what the problem is" and suggested an Uninstall/Re-install procedure - something which has never worked for me in my long history of computer music experience - and sure enough it failed this time too.

They appear to have given up but they still have my money! And in any case I would really like to get this going, as it looks like a useful package - incidentally, it works just fine in Standalone mode and in Logic 7 on the same system (strangely).

It's the only plugin on my system (Quad 2.5Ghz G5, with 6.5Gb RAM) which I have problems with and believe me, I have a few!

Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just to know that someone has it working on a similar system.

Many thanks,

Colin

Re: Sonik Synth 2 in Logic 8 - HELP

You're best bet is to jump on the Sonic Reality board up at KVRaudio.com - i'm sure SR and the forum members there will give you more help than IK. FYI, if you own Sampletank2, you can use the sounds straight from that plug-in.

Re: Sonik Synth 2 in Logic 8 - HELP

Quote Originally Posted by spinkitten View Post
    You're best bet is to jump on the Sonic Reality board up at KVRaudio.com - i'm sure SR and the forum members there will give you more help than IK.
    Ahh, thanks for that - I know there isn't a forum on the IK site.

Quote Originally Posted by spinkitten View Post
    FYI, if you own Sampletank2, you can use the sounds straight from that plug-in.
    Thanks for that too. Just tried it and it works a treat. I thought I had read that SampleTank sounds load into SS2 but not the other way around.

Go Back to forum