• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do you apply vibrato existing JABB Tracks

Share/Bookmark

How do you apply vibrato existing JABB Tracks

I am relativly new to this midi sample recording thing. I have been working with these things for only about 4 months. Can anybody walk me through the process to apply vibrato to an existing JABB tack. I ham using Sonar 6 and my midi controller is a Fatar St-900. Do I have to make any programs changes for cc's in the Fatar Itself or can I apply the cc through Sonar. I am very green at this would need detail in the response. I have tried assigning the cc in in the track in Sonar but on play back there is no difference. I know that there is more to it and that I must draw the envelope in but when I do that there is no difference either. I am sorry about the elementary nature of this question.
    Carl Mussmann

Re: How do you apply vibrato existing JABB Tracks

Carl,

Here is a single note example showing just the note/velocity and mod wheel data: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/SingleNote.jpg

This next screenshot shows the Aftertouch and cc17 vibrato data: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/Vibrato.jpg

I used the Bb Clarinet 1 for the example and it sounds like this: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/Vibrato.mp3

The MIDI data is here: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/Vibrato.mid

Tom

You use two different sets of Midi controllers to apply vibrato.

CC17 controls the speed, aftertouch controls the depth of vibrato. I use Cubase and here you can add the CCs to the track or record them as you go.

Aftertouch is the difficult thing to add, it is used just like a CC but of course when it is set to 0 then there is no vibrato. You may be able to map a different CC to after touch

"CC17 controls the speed, aftertouch controls the depth of vibrato. I use Cubase and here you can add the CCs to the track or record them as you go."

How do you add CCs to a track?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins View Post
    Carl,

Here is a single note example showing just the note/velocity and mod wheel data: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/SingleNote.jpg

This next screenshot shows the Aftertouch and cc17 vibrato data: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/Vibrato.jpg

I used the Bb Clarinet 1 for the example and it sounds like this: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/Vibrato.mp3

The MIDI data is here: www.garritan.com/JABB/Vibrato/Vibrato.mid

Tom
    Tom
    Thanks so much.
    It took awhile but after playing around with the ansewers that you gave me I finally got some vibrato albeit kind of sloppy and least now I know how to do it. My problem was that I didn't know how to apply the cc's to the track or the actual navigations evolved.
    Now I just need to work on perfecting it.
    Thanks again
    Carl
    Feel free to check out some of my stuff at
    www.carlmussmannpianist.com

Carl
    That Sir.....was a great question.....BECAUSE.... I just got JABB two weeks ago and was trying to get vibrato out on my arrangement and finally just gave up.........So you asked a question that I had as well.....so see the theory of "there is never a stupid question because some one else may have the very same one" proves to be true.......

Tom
    thank you for your answer that was so well written.......Even I think that I can follow it......In fact I had the CC17 part but I was missing the aftertouch part.....so your screen shots were the best......because when I opened them I could see the answer and what I was missing....thank you very much........

Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Carl & Cliff

or just use the Phrase Modeled Performance Multi available at the link in my signiture. Automaticlly generates vibrato along with other midi data based on the instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC View Post
    Carl & Cliff

or just use the Phrase Modeled Performance Multi available at the link in my signiture. Automaticlly generates vibrato along with other midi data based on the instrument.
    Hello Mike,

Pardon my ignorance, but is this Multi readable by Macs? I downloaded your file, but Stuffit wouldn't unstuff it, claiming that it was not a compressed file, and of course, nothing came up on the K2 player.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike.

Carl Hammond

Quote Originally Posted by carlhammond@cox.net View Post
    Hello Mike,

Pardon my ignorance, but is this Multi readable by Macs? I downloaded your file, but Stuffit wouldn't unstuff it, claiming that it was not a compressed file, and of course, nothing came up on the K2 player.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Mike.

Carl Hammond
    Carl,

The multi is distributed as a Zip file. I believe there is Mac's software that can unzip, but if not PM me with your email address and I can email the uncompressed files

Go Back to forum