• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: *cry*

Share/Bookmark

*cry*

From my Sweetwater rep:

"Unfortunately we have bad news from Tascam...they're now telling us that GS4 should be here sometime in March, and can't get more specific than that at this point...I'll keep you posted."

pffffffffffffffffffff

*gnaws more on fingers and fidgets*
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Re: *cry*

I heard Feb 29th from a reliable source a few weeks ago. Maybe it's slipped to February 39th...

Until we hear that the master has gone to the duplication house, the engineers are still polishing it.

BTW, for GS4 on 64-bits, you'll want a sound card with GSIF 2.1 support. I hear that RME and Tascam will have certain products with GSIF 2.1. I'm not sure about other manufacturers. Echo has GSIF 2.0 and 64-bit drivers. I'm hoping they join the bandwagon...

yarrr my HDSP 9652s are all safe
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Beta-testing is still ongoing (I'm d/l-ing the latest build as I type this), but the word from inside is that they should be pretty darn close to ready...

It is coming out, and it shouldn't be much longer now, and it will be mighty cool when it does ship, so just hang in there!!

My heartfelt advice is to not obsess over the release date... it will only make each passing day more painful... Make as much love/music/money as you can in the meantime and, when it does ship, you'll be in a much better headspace...

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by alanb View Post
    My heartfelt advice is to not obsess over the release date... it will only make each passing day more painful... Make as much love/music/money as you can in the meantime and, when it does ship, you'll be in a much better headspace...
    Agreed. When it's ready, it's ready.

I'm a competitive swimmer, and I've been known to do the 200 fly. I find that I can't concentrate on getting to the wall. It seems so far away. And then you push it too hard. And very quickly your stroke changes from Butterfly to Strugglefly.

Instead, I focus on being able to repeat each stroke. And I let the wall come to me. That's my attitude for GS4 as well.

Fortunately, there doesn't seem to be the same mania that we had before GS3. People's expectations were really stretched on that one. The good news is that people now expect GS4 to take a long time, so the wait isn't such a big deal. Besides, EVERYBODY has been late with 64-bit stuff. If GS4 ships this quarter, it will still be on the front side of the wave.

Once GS4 released, I'll be building a new PC to install it on. The good news is that the longer it takes, the more likely that prices will fall and new components will be available. Always look on the bright side of life!

yea i totally agree, I am only anxious since I did some major upgrades in my studio and i have been keeping it not fully finished since I wanted to upgrade at least one of my giga machines before I rewired everything, which I was expecting shipped almost 2 months ago. But yea I would MUCH rather have a solid product shipped late than a buggy one early

As far as the mania before GS3 I would guess to say that peoples hopes were smashed to such a degree with the rather poor release and support on GS3 that there is very low expectation of GS4. Tho in expectation of this new product I have put my list of dates of horror stories behind and locked them in a chest in my monster closet and wait for GS4 with open arms. And I am doing my best to make sure all my parts are compatible and will work well with this new beast of a product

So I am spending my days practicing my horns, writing on score paper and learning to play my duduk. I am being patient but its hard to not be excited over all the amazing features we are being promised. Its going to be a sample partaaayyyyyy wooooot!
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlps View Post
    learning to play my duduk.
    You have a duduk? Really? What a beautiful instrument!

For those like me who don't have the real thing, do you know a good duduk sample library?

I have RA...the duduk is ok but I was wondering if there is a more elaborate lib out there.

Thanks
    Nicolas Roy
    www.nicolasroy.com

man duduk is HARD lol... the reed is a monster to deal with, either its too dry and no sound comes thru or its too wet and its like blowing into a garden hose and no sounds comes thru.... but I am working at it

As for duduk libraries I have the RA stuff also, dunno something better but there is a guy on the Composer's Forum that makes a custom duduk library I think... http://composersforum.ning.com
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

For some reason the word "duduk" always sounds like a percussion instrument to me.

I guess if you keep blowing and blowing into too-wet/too-dry reeds, it might eventually become a percussion instrument!

well after 3 years of dagomba and ewe drum training from master drummer abubakare lunna, I had an epiphany about my horns and that they were all drums, just one instrument with lots of little drums, it changed how i approach my horns for life, so you are pretty on it Jon
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Go Back to forum