• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #1 " Dark Passage"

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #1: " Dark Passage"

Share/Bookmark

Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #1: " Dark Passage"

It's time to vote for our first Movie Music Challenge!

There were 12 entries and each of the entries were excellent so this will be a tough vote.

The choices are:For our first challenge the theme is " Dark Passage" and the challenge was:
    As director of this new movie, I would like you to create approximately 3 minutes of music for the following film concept:

This is a dark and foreboding story of a conflict between good and evil. Good will prevail in the end but suffer great loss. The main character is human and all his resources, beliefs and commitments will be tested by a ‘dark lord’, a lord whose powers stem from the bowels of the earth. The Hero will discover man’s connection to the earth and the powers of the universe which have gone untapped by man for eons.
    Many thanks to wrayer for p[utting this all together. Thanks again to Sean for hosting the entries. And a big thanks to all of the participants.

This is a "one-vote-per-person" poll. We'll keep the voting open for about two weeks.

Have fun and good luck!

Gary Garritan

Re: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #1: " Dark Passage"

Awesome! Thanks for getting this up so quickly Gary! I'll be sure to listen to them all twice under the following criteria:

1st listen: First Impression - over all
    2nd listen: how well does it fit the scenario given?

Can't wait to hear them all! Thanks everyone for giving so many entries to listen to!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

All of them sound really good. It'll be cool to see how everyone votes.

Also, to people who entered get to vote? If they do, can they vote for themselves?

Yes, they can vote, and voting is anonymous (at least that's the way it is with all the other challenges) so anyone can vote for his or her own entry. (like how I kept subject-verb agreement in that last sentence? )
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Exclamation Re: Vote in the Garritan Movie Music Challenge - CHALLENGE #1: " Dark Passage"

Hi Sean and Gary - you should fix the link to number 8 - it goes to a soundclick page. If the entry is on that page, it is not anonymous.
    Trent P. McDonald

I went through and listened to all of them. This was just a preliminary once over – I’ll do a more thorough job later and pick one. It’s going to be tough – there are a lot of entries and all of them are good.
    Trent P. McDonald

I have downloaded all but number 8. It is not free and I usually listen off line to make my decision. I hope this can be corrected. I am excited to hear these and this should be an interesting challenge.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Hi Sean and Gary - you should fix the link to number 8 - it goes to a soundclick page. If the entry is on that page, it is not anonymous.

Well I am the guy that set this up and #8 did not send me an mp3 file, just a soundclick link. So I was 'hand-tied' and included it the only way I could. Sorry, just ignore the name and vote for the music! (Is that a good cop-out?)
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

I have made it thru them all (while doing my Egyptian math problems) and am very impressed. There is some great music here. I even think that I know who did some of these, although having their names in the titles did help a bit.

I do hope we get a lot of people here to listen and to vote.

My favorite one is the one that is under 20 minutes long and uses some GPO instruments. It is truly a work of art.

Ron

--Something must be in the process of being changed this morning, because I'm getting "page can't be displayed" on all of these. I'll come back when I can.

It's unfortunate that entry #8 wasn't submitted correctly. I'm not planning on going to Sound Click where I'll be able to see the user's name. To me, it's an automatic disqualification. --Surely that person could provide an MP3? That's what he/she had to have when the piece was uploaded to SC.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum