• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Topic: "Lamentation"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Lamentation"

    Everyone,

    Here is my "Lamentation". The instruments are from the GPO and Kontakt 3 (VSL) sample libraries. The piano is the Garritan Authorized Steinway.

    Regards to all,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,022

    Re: "Lamentation"

    That was real nice. It's sort of a cross between baroque and romanticism.

    It sounds good.



    Phil

  3. #3
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Lamentation"

    Larry:
    It starts off a little strange to my ears, bit it evolves into one of your best creations. A real mood and thought provoker. Beautiful mixture of textures, through thick and thin, so to speak.
    Great sounding piano.

    sos

  4. #4

    Re: "Lamentation"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    That was real nice. It's sort of a cross between baroque and romanticism.

    It sounds good.

    Phil
    Thanks, Mr. Phil.

    I hope that you are well.

    Best regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  5. #5

    Re: "Lamentation"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    It starts off a little strange to my ears, bit it evolves into one of your best creations. A real mood and thought provoker. Beautiful mixture of textures, through thick and thin, so to speak.
    Great sounding piano.

    sos
    I appreciate it, my friend. Thanks.

    I hope that you are in good health there in the great NorthWest.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Lamentation"

    An interesting admixture of parlor music, popular
    elements, and Classicism, Larry.

    I enjoyed listening.

    Best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  7. #7

    Re: "Lamentation"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    An interesting admixture of parlor music, popular
    elements, and Classicism, Larry.

    I enjoyed listening.

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    I am pleased that my musical efforts met with your approval and that you liked the work, Mr. Dave. Thank you.

    Best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8

    Thumbs up Re: "Lamentation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Everyone,

    Here is my "Lamentation". The instruments are from the GPO and Kontakt 3 sample libraries. The piano is JABB.

    Regards to all,

    Larry
    Hi Larry,

    I can hear some nice Vienna Classicism here! Good old Haydn is standing and listening in the background

    I know Joseph Haydn was German! But without him there would be no Mozart!

    Regards,

    Fredrik

  9. #9

    Re: "Lamentation"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
    Hi Larry,

    I can hear some nice Vienna Classicism here! Good old Haydn is standing and listening in the background

    I know Joseph Haydn was German! But without him there would be no Mozart!

    Regards,

    Fredrik
    Thanks for listening and thank you for the input.

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Lamentation"

    Hi Larry,

    Wow! This is definitely one of the more involved, complex pieces of yours. The stark contrast in textures and orchestration really stand out (as in outstanding!) -- evidenced, in one instance, in quite a grand entrance by the piano. Dramatic, great stuff there! I really was taken with the short flute and piano line that pops up a couple of times; to me it had a very Spanish Classical flavor melodically and harmonically --which I love, by the way.

    Different for you, Larry, and in a very positive sense! Well-done, my friend!

    Danny

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •