• Register
  • Help

Topic: Midi player with 4 ports?

Share/Bookmark

Midi player with 4 ports?

Does anyone know of a free MIDI player for Mac OS X (Leopard compatible?) that will output to 4 ports? I've found several old ones that will output to 1 port with 16 channels, and in a few of my composition I use up to three ports worth of instruments. I need something that has low CPU demand so I can play a MIDI file into GPO and record the output, and I thought a small and basic MIDI player would do the job, but after extensive searching, I cannot seem to find one. Anyone know where I can get one?

Re: Midi player with 4 ports?

Hi

The is more a reply to your previous topic re stuttering etc.

It was suggested that you look at Finale2008 to ease your problems.
    One of the big things that Finale2008a introduced was save to audio in "offline" mode.

In other words, when you save to Audio, the File gets written without actually playing the file audibly.
    This has caused a lot of the performance issues, such as stuttering dropouts etc to largely go away. People who had problems with large scores in Finale 2007 and the first release of Finale2008 and reported that their problems went away with Finale2008a (which introduced the offline save to audio)

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Re: Midi player with 4 ports?

Really? Excellent! I'm sorry I did not heed your previous response. I didn't think it would be much help to try the notepad version because of its limitations. I used it before I bought the full version and I never really had much use for it again, except for printing on other computers, haha. I've heard there are quite a few performance issues though, and that's why I've been holding back on 2008, in hopes that 2009 would be a little more stable. That feature that you mentioned alone may cause me to update to Finale 2008 for now and then fork over the extra money for 2009 when it comes out. It won't be coming out until late this year anyways, I suppose.

Go Back to forum