• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Chichester Pslams

Share/Bookmark

Chichester Pslams

We recently performed Chichester Pslams and I just love it so I decided to do a demo with the Prosonus strings on the end of it.

I have also included the midi file because I would love to hear other libraries run through this.
    http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/CHICHESTER3RDMVT.mp3

http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/3RDMVT.mid

I did from mea. 60 to the end...

Donnie

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 04-10-2002).]

PatS

Re: Chichester Pslams

Clever! Senza vibrato strings in place of voices. They sound quite nice. Would you be willing to do the opening of that movement? You could showcase the vibrato patches.

Anyway, thanks for the demo. You\'ve been busy, no doubt. I\'m glad you\'re finally letting the libraries speak for themselves. Much easier on your blood pressure, I imagine.

Pat

P.S. Your \"l\"s in \"Psalms\" are attracted to the first \"s\". You may want to have a talk with them.

[This message has been edited by PatS (edited 04-10-2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PatS:
    ...P.S. Your \"l\"s in \"Psalms\" are attracted to the first \"s\". You may want to have a talk with them...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was an acronym he was anticipating - e.g. Pslams or P-slams = Pat slams ==> PatS

=)

Sorry for the typo

Hey Pat I would love to hear your version of that midi file.

Its just \"plug and play\" because there are no midi messages (ie. volume or expression) written in so you should be able to just plug anything in.

Donnie

PatS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by composer22:
    I thought that was an acronym he was anticipating - e.g. Pslams or P-slams = Pat slams ==> PatS

=)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, come on! I wasn\'t slamming Donnie. I was just having fun. Was it my timing? Too close to recent events? You\'re pulling my chain, aren\'t you? I see the happy face, but if I turn my head it looks like a symbol Penderecki might have used. Still, you do draw an interesting connection. I guess it\'s time to change my username.

Frankly, I could care less how folks on the Internet spell these days (pace Z6), just as long as I can understand them. I\'m particularly fond of KingIdiot\'s posts, which are masterpieces reminiscent of the pre-Websterian period (a huge chunk of human history, I might add).
    Pat

P.S. Donnie, if my silly postscript irked you even in the slightest, I\'ll buy you a beer at next year\'s NAMM and apologize in person.

Honestly, I cant wait to meet all of you...

I am having a blast...

No slams pat slammer!

<[=)

hgows that for a penderechi achronyyysm

If anyone has the following libraries I would love to hear how they compare with the Prosonus strings. The midi file above has no tweaks to it so it would be a fair comparision for all libraries. The only thing I did to the Prosonus demo was add reverb and encode at 256kbs.

I would love to hear:

GOS
    Ultimate Strings
    AO
    Miroslav
    and any others I may have left out.

Donnie

PatS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donnie:
    Sorry for the typo

Hey Pat I would love to hear your version of that midi file.

Its just \"plug and play\" because there are no midi messages (ie. volume or expression) written in so you should be able to just plug anything in.

Donnie
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please know that you shouldn\'t have to apologize over a typo. And I\'m sorry if my lapse in netiquette ticked you off in any way.

As for the MIDI file, I\'d like to give it a shot, though probably not until tomorrow or Friday night (our 17-month-old has been staying up until 11PM, thanks to the time change). Of course, KingId may be able to rise to the challenge sooner than I would, and I\'m certain he has a much better facility with GOS than I do. But I\'d still like to give it a go; at the very least, it\'s therapy for me.

Do you want to hear the GOS non-vibrato patches (I only have GOS and Dan\'s solo strings sans bass)? The voices on my recording of the Chichester Psalms really warble (waggle?), which made your non-vibrato arrangement all the more refreshing. On the other hand, the vibrato sustains and/or Grand Detache patches with expression applied could be nice. Or do you want to hear how a corresponding patch from another library responds to a simple MIDI file with little or no performance tweaking--apples to apples? BTW, is it your file or something you found in an online archive?

I\'d certainly be interested to hear what others can do with Miroslav, AO, Kirk Hunter, and Ultimate Strings (what did I miss?). Although I don\'t believe such comparisons would be particularly fair across the board, given the different ways in which patches respond to MIDI input, the comparisons do offer prospective customers a chance to hear the basic differences among libraries.

Whatever the outcome, let\'s make this fun and informative.

Pat

Pat,

Sounds like a great idea...oh, and I forgot Kirk Hunter too. Don\'t sweat the delay. Don\'t forget that I have an 11 month old so I know what thats all about!

I don\'t mean to make this a competition. As a matter of fact lets don\'t even say which one is better because it\'s all opinion anyway.

As for the performances since there\'s no midi control data (tweaking) in the one I posted lets leave it apples to apples.

I have AO so I\'ll do one with that later tonight.

I\'m just curious to see how differently they all sound.

Donnie

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 04-10-2002).]

Hey guys...I updated the midi so that it\'s just the section in question. This way it should be a lot easier to manage...
    Donnie

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast