• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria and Finale integration?

Share/Bookmark

Aria and Finale integration?

Out of necessity for full compatibility with my OS and GPO, I ordered an upgrade to Finale 2008 yesterday. Will the new Aria version of GPO (and any other library for that matter) be able to integrate with the current version of Finale? Will some update be administered so that one can use the Aria player within Finale 2008 as the Kontakt Player is used? I know that Garritan, Yamaha, and MakeMusic have entered a new alliance, so will this allow for Aria support within Finale in the near future?

Re: Aria and Finale integration?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    Out of necessity for full compatibility with my OS and GPO, I ordered an upgrade to Finale 2008 yesterday. Will the new Aria version of GPO (and any other library for that matter) be able to integrate with the current version of Finale? Will some update be administered so that one can use the Aria player within Finale 2008 as the Kontakt Player is used? I know that Garritan, Yamaha, and MakeMusic have entered a new alliance, so will this allow for Aria support within Finale in the near future?
    As far as I know no announcement has been made yet regarding integration of ARIA with Finale.

Personally, I would be surprised if ARIA is not supported in the next version of Finale, or even possibly the present version through an update, but this is just my own guess.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Alright, thank you.

I'm stuck in a bit of an unfortunate situation. I'm forced to upgrade to Finale 2008 right now, when I really would have preferred to wait for 2009. I'll be fine even if Aria cannot be integrated with Finale, after I get Finale 2008 in the mail all of my software will be up to date and compatible with each other and OS X Leopard. I still hope Aria will be compatible though, I was planning on upgrading.

Well, if my understanding is correct, the ARIA updates for GPO and the other non-ARIA libraries are barely being started on, and will probably take months to be ported to the new engine. And, usually, MakeMusic comes out with a new version around summer, so if 2008 doesn't have support, than 2009 probably will. I'm kind of in the same boat as you, expect I bought my libraries and Finale 2008 to "legalize" my computer.

Just a side question, but does anyone know if Sibelius 5 will have the same ability to autoload instruments in ARIA as it does in KP2?
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

I think at this point we are all just guessing...I am on the Sibelius side of things, so the questions you guys have about Finale apply to Sib as well. Sib 5 came out last summer, and there is usually a 15-18 month gap between versions, although there is no fixed timetable. I imagine - this is just my imagination - that both of these programs will find a way to work with Aria. After all, they both have had, and continue to have a good working relationship with GPO/JABB/COMB, etc., that it would be silly of them not find a way to make this work. I'd say go ahead and update now - Gary has always been very generous about making the switch/upgrade as reasonable and easy as possible.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

I remember seeing Gary several times say that Aria will work together with notation programs. (Actually I think I myself has made him that question a long time ago.)

Björn

You know, there is a very good way to get the precisist answer that can be given to this and other questions. Come to a chat on Friday or Sunday afternoon. The Chat, when it is going, is listed at the top of the forum page. Gary is usually (like always) there and can give you any information that is available. The chat is not just for answering questions but ranges from everyday topics to new pieces being worked on by members. You should stop in some time and say "HI".
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    According to Gary on yesterday's chat, there will be some mechanism (unknown at this time) to make this work.

Keith W.

Go Back to forum