• Register
  • Help

Topic: Advice on KP2 % GPO please

Share/Bookmark

Advice on KP2 % GPO please

Hi,
    I'm new to GPO and new to KP2, although I am familiar with Kontakt samplers.

I'm trying to assign each instrument in my Kontakt Player to a different channel on my Cubase mixer(32/5.1) .
    In Kontakt sampler this is easy as you simply select 15&16 out or whatever for the instrument, but KP2 has left me really confused.

I've tried config, adding new channels, assigning to unassigned channels and allsorts. To be fair I did get my 3rd instrument to go to unassigned 19&20 but these appear as 2 mono channels.

What I'd like to do is to have each instrument on a different Cubase channel so that I can mix from my Cubase mixer (and add different effects etc).
    It seems that I have 2 options really if I can't sort this out:

1: Mute loads of tracks in KP2 and then export to audio one track at a time (not an intuitive way of working) or
    2: Load several instances of GPO with KP2 and only use 2 instruments on each instance.

By the way - why do several thousand channel strips appear in my Cubase mixer too?

Sorry if this is an idiot's question and I'm certainly not a newbie to Cubase etc, but the manual doesn't really answer the question.

Neil B
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Advice on KP2 % GPO please

Okay I finally found my answer in another thread:

The easy way to deal with it is to unzip this file into your ~\Kontakt Player 2\default (or ~\Kontakt 2\default) folder (before you start your sequencer). It will install new default output configurations for the DXi (16 stereo outs) and VSTi (16/8/4 stereo outs) plugins. If you made any customized output configuratins yourself, you might want to back up the default folder before installing the new configurations. In your sequencer you should select the KP2/K2 audio channels, that are named "... st. #: stereo". Forget about the "Main" and "Primary" channels (if you see them).

The link is
    http://foenshauge.dk/software/kontak...is/default.zip

and it works for me with Cubase 32/5/1
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Go Back to forum