• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB-bug??? dont respond to MIDI-volumecontrol in SX3, but on AUDIO-volume

Share/Bookmark

[Solved!]JABB-bug??? dont respond to MIDI-volumecontrol in SX3, but on AUDIO-volume

Hi!

I have both GPO and JABB in KontaktPlayer2, both works fine
    in Cubase SX3 except for one strange thing. JABB dont respond
    at volumechanges with the inspector (miditrack) only on audio
    (audio/vsttrack). With GPO its no problem, it responds on both
    midi and audiocontroll. If I dont remember wrong this was not an
    issue with JABB in Kontaktplayer1.....

Have I missed something in the options or is this a bug? Or feature? ;-)

Regards
    TompaD
    Last edited by TompaD; 02-22-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Changing Title

Re: JABB-bug??? dont respond to MIDI-volumecontrol in SX3, but on AUDIO-volume

Quote Originally Posted by TompaD View Post
    Hi!

I have both GPO and JABB in KontaktPlayer2, both works fine
    in Cubase SX3 except for one strange thing. JABB dont respond
    at volumechanges with the inspector (miditrack) only on audio
    (audio/vsttrack). With GPO its no problem, it responds on both
    midi and audiocontroll.
    I can't tell if you are referring to a problem with mod wheel data or MIDI volume (cc7.) If it is cc7 then you need to go to the Instruments Options button on the instrument interface, the Controller tab, and check the "Accept standard controllers for volume and pan" box.

Make sure you don't use cc7 for expressive changes in volume - that's the job of mod wheel data (cc1.) cc7 is just for setting relative levels between instruments, assuming you don't want to just set this at the volume slider on the instrument interface.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins View Post
    I can't tell if you are referring to a problem with mod wheel data or MIDI volume (cc7.) If it is cc7 then you need to go to the Instruments Options button on the instrument interface, the Controller tab, and check the "Accept standard controllers for volume and pan" box.

Make sure you don't use cc7 for expressive changes in volume - that's the job of mod wheel data (cc1.) cc7 is just for setting relative levels between instruments, assuming you don't want to just set this at the volume slider on the instrument interface.

Tom
    Yeah! It was unchecked - now all works as I want. Thanks!!

Now I get offtopic, but do you happen to know if I can use Sounds from
    Sibelius 5 in KP2 in Cubase SX? I have just bought Sibelius 5 and then I
    check KP2 in Sibelius I see and can use my Garritan JABB and GPO from
    my Cubase SX setup (and of cource the Sibelius Sounds Essential).
    But then I open KP2 in SX I only see JABB and GPO, no Sibelius Sound Essential..??

Regards
    TompaD

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins View Post
    If it is cc7 then you need to go to the Instruments Options button on the instrument interface, the Controller tab, and check the "Accept standard controllers for volume and pan" box.
    Is there a way to make this default for every instrument I load? :-)

Tompad

Use the "10. Notation" instruments. CC#7/CC#10 checked is default for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Use the "10. Notation" instruments. CC#7/CC#10 checked is default for them.
    Ok....thanks

TompaD

Just be aware, that the Notation instruments use CC#68 to control tonguing/legato instead of CC#64, which has the standard sustain function.

Go Back to forum