• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New Vocal Kontakt Instruments

Share/Bookmark

New Vocal Kontakt Instruments

This looks like just what I have been looking for:

http://www.realitone.net

Unfortunately, there is very little information about it on their web site. Apparently, it's a Kontakt instument (which is good and bad).

I found a video demo, from a trade show here:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=5980

Re: New Vocal Kontakt Instruments

Mike Greene knows his stuff ! It will be great!
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

This lib would be great, but I personally don`t like this art of libs...

Let`s have a look into the future: In 2 years the half of popmusicproductions will use this art libraries, exchanging real singers to those... .

It reminds me to the speach on the Callcenter..... .

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat View Post
    Mike Greene knows his stuff ! It will be great!
    Well, from what I know of Mike Greene, he's an idiot! Good looking as hell, but still an idiot!

We're a few months from release, but I might have a video demo on the website in a few weeks. To be honest, I'm reluctant to show too much too early because that's been a disaster for a few developers in the past. Especially if I make any spec changes (which I doubt.)

For those who want a quick overview, Realivox Fingertip Vocals is a Kontakt Player 2 instrument featuring 11 session singers each doing 20 articulations (ooh, ahh, shoo, bop, la, etc.) selectable via keyswitches.

We also sampled interval legato for all singers and articulations. This is working really well, if I do say so myself. It's a ton of work and time (and money!!!) but I'm very pleased with the results and it was really well received at NAMM.

I think a lot of the wow factor at NAMM (in addition to the convincing legato) was because I used top notch singers. I spent way more than a lot of sampling experts think I should have by staying A-List, but I think it's worth it. With vocalists, I've found (through years of producing records, jingles, etc) that some singers sound good no matter what they sing. They just have killer voices.

When demos (video or audio) are up, I'll let everyone know. There's also a contest to win a free copy (which is obviously also a way for me to collect email addresses of interested people) here:
    http://realitone.net/Contest.html

Gunther, I appreciate your confidence in how successful Realivox will be, but rest assured, it won't be doing a lot of lead vocals on pop records! I do think we will be hearing it a lot on TV and film scores, though. As a couple examples, I can do very convincing replacements of the vocals in the original Star Trek theme, 30-Rock theme, Survivor theme and of course, Sleeper Cell theme. Basically, almost anything without lyrics comes out really well.

Mike,

I think you understood me right and see that I am a little bit joking.

Yeah, the trend has started, many filmscoretracks are orchestrated now with those vocal libraries.

Hope the time of those tracks will run fast away....

Best and good luck!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Well, I for one, look at this thing and it's definitely cooler than anything else out there.. I just hope I can afford it... I better sign up for that contest, maybe I'll win it...

Personally all I am looking for is placeholder vocals to use as a demo for singers. This seems like it would fit the bill nicely -- if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have been waiting for Garritan to release his Choirs, which has supposedly been in the works for years ... and fearing that I might not be able to get a usable sound out of it unless I become a mod wheel virtuoso.

I spent an exhorbitant amount on another vocal library that received glowing reviews and none of the voices sounded human (they sounded like robots in a bad science fiction movie).

The only other libraries that I have heard all seem to focus entirely, or almost entirely on female voices, sung primarily in classical style. Male voices, in the few instances where they are available, all seem to have been recorded in groups (rather than as soloists) or restricted to children (which still puts them in the soprano and alto ranges). The few that sound like they could be used effectively in pop, Jazz, Broadway, or other styles all turned out to be sampled phrases that really can't be played like an instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    Personally all I am looking for is placeholder vocals to use as a demo for singers. This seems like it would fit the bill nicely -- if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    We're still trying to figure out exactly how many arms and/or legs this will cost.

You bring up an interesting thought about demoing the vocal track for singers. By playing the melodies with various singers, I can see how the vocal tone will sound in various keys, which is nice to know before bringing in the real singer. Personally, I'm a bit of a nut about getting the perfect key for a singer on a given song. There is a selection of singers, each with pretty radically different tones, so one will probably be in the ballpark of whoever you're planning to bring in.

However, note that Realivox will not do words (other than basic ones like doo-bee, if you want a song about . . . ) That's not it's intention because that would upset Gunther (yes I get your humor! )

Well, I hope this is released soon. I've been waiting for something like this (Garritan Choirs, male vocals from Bella D, etc.) for years. Whichever one comes out first is the one I'll buy.

revisiting the NAMM demo.
    man so Can't wait for this lib!! It really is going to be amazing! That classical singer damn!
    even what he was doing with the modwheel and the jazz voicing, that was something else!

You have a winner on your hands! I can't believe on VI people weren't freek'n out over this in Jan.
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Go Back to forum