• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Trouble using Garritan with Finale!!!

Share/Bookmark

Trouble using Garritan with Finale!!!

Hello, I'm kinda new here but I have a huge problem and so DESPERATELY need someone's help! I have recently purchased Garritan Personal Orchestra V.3 and I have installed it, successfully. However when I open Finale 2007, (which I have already installed and had for a long time) select it, (it being the GPO) from the set-up wizard, choose my instruments, the key and time signature and everything and then finish the document, this error message pops up: "File was not found. Please check if Library is installed correctly".

Please, please, pleeeeeease can someone help me!?
    I will you FOREVER!!

Thanks.

Re: Trouble using Garritan with Finale!!!

Two questions:

1) Can you load any GPO instruments in KP2 stand alone?
    2) Can you load any GPO instruments manually in Finale (in MIDI menu | Native Instruments VST setup)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Two questions:

1) Can you load any GPO instruments in KP2 stand alone?
    2) Can you load any GPO instruments manually in Finale (in MIDI menu | Native Instruments VST setup)?

Ummmm, I don't think so; when I open up the KP2 I don't see any of the 'players' that I've heard of- and when I try to load it manually in Finale I don't see it in the drop-down selection, which is odd because like I say, it's in the setup wizard 'drop down' selection.

It's just all so confusing, I'd be sooop
    o greatful if you could help me!

Quote Originally Posted by CalamitySymphony View Post
    Ummmm, I don't think so; when I open up the KP2 I don't see any of the 'players' that I've heard of- and when I try to load it manually in Finale I don't see it in the drop-down selection, which is odd because like I say, it's in the setup wizard 'drop down' selection.

It's just all so confusing, I'd be sooop
    o greatful if you could help me!
    I use Finale 2008 with GPO so I would be working from memory regarding the Finale 2007 setup. However, it does sound rather like the GPO you are seeing in your Finale 07 setup Menu might be the Finale version of GPO included with Finale 07 and not the full GPO. This Finale set needs to be installed separately from your Finale 07 install disk and, obviously, will only work if you did install this Finale set.

Regarding the full GPO, if you are not able to load the instruments in the standalone KP2 or using the Finale MIDI Menu as Nikie queried then you won't stand a chance of using GPO with the Finale Setup.

Again, if you can't use the instruments in the way Nikie asked then it sounds rather like the links to the GPO folders are broken. If you used the default install of GPO and you have copied and pasted the required KontaktPlayer2.dll and the gpofull2instrument.txt files into the Finale VST folder then all links between Finale and the full GPO folders should be good. The files I quoted may be named slightly differently but these are the names I have.

It rather sounds like an install problem to me.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

When you open KP2 stand alone you should see "Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2" in the browser (left pane). Click on its "Info" button | "About" tab and set the "Library Installation Path" to the path you chose during installation. When you click "Close" you will be asked to close and restart KP2. Once you do this you should see the instruments in the "Instruments" menu.

Hi there, I guess I'll just have to tinker around and see what I can do; but I just don't know how I could have installed it wrong... I'm just so confused!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    When you open KP2 stand alone you should see "Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2" in the browser (left pane). Click on its "Info" button | "About" tab and set the "Library Installation Path" to the path you chose during installation. When you click "Close" you will be asked to close and restart KP2. Once you do this you should see the instruments in the "Instruments" menu.

Thanks for that! I'll get onto it and see what I can do!

Hi there, I guess I'll just have to tinker around and see what I can do; but I just don't know how I could have installed it wrong... I'm just so confused!
    You may not have installed it wrongly; it might be a simple matter of pointing your Kontakt Player to the GPO files. I can understand your feeling of being confused; I've felt that many times.

Don't give up and keep posting back here. One way or another we'll get you up and running. The first thing to do is to check what Nickie said in her last post.

Before moving onto Finale, let's get things linked up in your Kontakt Player. Please try what Nickie has suggested. Just launch your Kontakt Player and in the left window you should see Garritan Personal Orchestra. Follow the instructions given to make sure KP2 knows where your GPO instruments are.

Please let us know what happens. If you still find problems with this step then post back and we'll help to sort it out.
    Michael

Thank you so much! I've got plenty of time today to try and fix it, I've already tried to redirect the KP2 to the right place, but I think it was already there to begin with....

Thank you so much! I've got plenty of time today to try and fix it, I've already tried to redirect the KP2 to the right place, but I think it was already there to begin with....
    So this means you can open GPO instruments in your Kontakt player. Is this correct or do you still find that you cannot load GPO in KP2?
    Michael

Go Back to forum