• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX Berlin to NY confusion

Share/Bookmark

Question RMX Berlin to NY confusion

Yes my brother sent me a file audio/midi of a beautiful song, Steinway grand with Midi tracks.

The tempo of the Pro Tools session is 90 the midi info runs in sync with this, but the real tempo is 120 BPM ( I do not know how he did this )

So new stylus parts do not sync to this master tempo when imported or played along side. Change the songs tempo and the midi info moves out of sync....

thanks for any help

Re: RMX Berlin to NY confusion

If I understand your problem correctly you could record all the sounds triggered by your midi tracks into audio files (separately if you want to mix at the last minute) and also do that to the piano track.
    If you lay that audio in sync in a new song/project you can then set the song tempo to 120 and re-sync RMX.

Hope this helps..

Best

Barrie

Re: RMX Berlin to NY confusion

I would have him rerecord the tracks and have him explain why he didn't record to a click track.

Quote Originally Posted by ecohouse77 View Post
    Yes my brother sent me a file audio/midi of a beautiful song, Steinway grand with Midi tracks.

The tempo of the Pro Tools session is 90 the midi info runs in sync with this, but the real tempo is 120 BPM ( I do not know how he did this )

So new stylus parts do not sync to this master tempo when imported or played along side. Change the songs tempo and the midi info moves out of sync....

thanks for any help

Go Back to forum