• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What new releases for this year?

Share/Bookmark

What new releases for this year?

I was wondering if anyone knows or even thinks something yummy may be released for this coming year. Orchestral sounds only.

Garritan is working on GPO 2 or some type of replacement for his GOS.

East West is focusing on it's Play software but I wonder if they will record another library like thier EWQLSO.

VSL is obviously adding extra bits and pieces to thier Special Edition collection which are available for downloading.
    Not sure if they plan on releasing anything new but would bet money they will.

KHSO is doing well I think and justly so, perhaps Kirk will be focusing on upgrades to his relatively new collections.

Sonivox is supposedly working on something to replace the SISS collection. A side note here. If there's one company that need to do something it's Sonivox. They're still selling that collection for $2900, although someone said the K2 version is down to $1900.
    It's aging fast and for the price of VSL special editon with the Appassionata strings thrown in for a round a grand one would be much better off I feel.

There are so many other developers. Westgate has done some wonderful things this past year, I'd love to see some string stuff released for thier Modular series.

Anyone have some thoughts?
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

Re: What new releases for this year?

well...i think Project sam is also getting busy this year with their "biggest " release so far...so thats gonna be interesting to see.(hear i mean)

Didnt i read somewhere that the VSL choirs would finaly be seeing the light of day this year as well?

Regarding Sonivox working on a new string section, where did you hear this information?

SampleModeling
    could be releasing their virtual trumpet as soon as next week. I'm looking forward see if it's as good and flexible as they claim. Especially the combining of three solo trumpets to make a convincing section.

[quote=Jeremy B.;557404]Regarding Sonivox working on a new string section, where did you hear this information?

quote]

I spoke with Sonivox, they told me in a round about way but wouldn't give me details.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzy-Clone View Post
    Didnt i read somewhere that the VSL choirs would finaly be seeing the light of day this year as well?
    The choirs is on their website as part of that subscription download service they now offer. However, did not notice if they are actually available yet.

SampleModeling could be releasing their virtual trumpet as soon as next week. I'm looking forward see if it's as good and flexible as they claim. Especially the combining of three solo trumpets to make a convincing section.
    That is what I'm looking the most forward to so far.

The choirs is on their website as part of that subscription download service they now offer. However, did not notice if they are actually available yet.
    These are only the Soprano and as far as I'm informed these recordings might not even be part of the final choir, but rather worked as a kind of test recording.

Sonivox is supposedly working on something to replace the SISS collection. A side note here. If there's one company that need to do something it's Sonivox. They're still selling that collection for $2900, although someone said the K2 version is down to $1900.
    It's aging fast and for the price of VSL special editon with the Appassionata strings thrown in for a round a grand one would be much better off I feel.
    Interesting. That's news to me... Sounds promising. And yes, their prices are a bit out of whack

"Gunther`s special instruments"
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post
    "Gunther`s special instruments"
    Well, they would have to be a must have, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalfant View Post
    Unless you simply love the sound of the SISS library more than any other, which is true of several composers I know.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    Unless you simply love the sound of the SISS library more than any other, which is true of several composers I know.

exactly...i think only Sonivox can beat Sonivox....their string library is the best ever i think....

Go Back to forum