I don't understand how Sibelius 5.1 handles GPO. I know playback is based on a sound set (for which I have the editor)
Here's the issue: I can only play/notate one of the five notes of snare drum that are available on the KP2 player in Sibelius. How can I play the others, especially the C# that is a roll.
1. Open Sibelius and start a new score
2. Assign one instrument, snare drum
3. Go to the mixer, click on Snare Drum then click on KP2 in the next drop down box.
4. In the next box click on GPO - Snares
5. Click the audition button and hear several snare hits.
6. Click on "Show the interface" button see the KP2 keyboard with 5 notes highlighted in blue. Play all five with mouse clicks.
7. Put cursor on staff, play A3-C#4 and only one note plays, B3, with a single snare hit.
8. Open Sound Set Editor and open Garritan Personal Orchestra.xml.
9. Go to programs tab and drill down to Snares.
10. go to Drum Maps for Snares and see the notes that are attached to various snare sounds.
11. Go back to the Sibelius "Snare Drum" score and the only note that will sound is the B3, the single snare hit.
Why does Sibelius limit the input to only one sample mapped to B3 and not give access to the remaining snare drum samples that are clearly there?
So, to make a short question out of all this, how in the H*$% do you get a GPO Snare Drum roll?
One more issue: When I assign a staccato marking to a string instrument, I get a staccato ACCENTED note instead of just a staccato note. How does one remedy this?