• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI and Symphony of Voices

Share/Bookmark

GVI and Symphony of Voices

I would like to load SOV into my sample library drive, but in G3, it loads directly to QS. I tried opening G3 (which you may recall does not work on my computer), loading SOV so it shows in the library drive and hope to call it into GVI. G3 loaded one disk onto the drive, then bluescreened when starting the second disk.

I do not have a translator program.

Is there some way to use SOV with GVI that works for you?

Thanks,
    tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Wink Re: GVI and Symphony of Voices

Conversion Utility as in Extreme Sample Converter.

I have the old Akai version from 2.54 that I transferred to GS3, it actually sounds better as if it were dithered " up ".

When buying a sample converter don't try to save 10 bucks and buy Giga Edition from Chicken Sys.

Just break down and spend the extra for a really superior utility.

They even offer customer support, what a concept.
    JimmyV

Re: GVI and Symphony of Voices

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the tip. Seems like Extreme Sample Converter is it. My version of SOV is old.

Since I have had no luck with GS3, I'm thinking of switching over to EWQLSO Gold Bundle $625 and adding Appasionata Strings. I think both will play as VST instruments in Cubase, or both will work on their special engines (Play and VI's proprietary). Not really happy wtih GVI because of a lot of noise (Rice krispies). I have the DMA buffer setting on the second 1,000 something now and wondering how high can I set this thing for full orchestral mode?

Thanks for the response,

tony h
    Last edited by jamiha; 02-29-2008 at 09:49 PM. Reason: wrong name
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Re: GVI and Symphony of Voices

I hate rice crispies.

But I use GVI w/o any troubles what so ever. The sound is as clean as a lean dick dog.

I found that the VST sequencers sound much better mastered in a DSP mixing enviroment. Actually I prefer recording 32bit Integer for audio. But when it comes to the smooth workflow of Cubase for MIDI tracks, it's hard to beat. I hardly use my hardware sequencers anymore unless it's for live use, where their stability can be counted on.

You'll really like the sound of 16bit Akai libraries converted to GS3's 24bit.

Hope you find the trouble, and eliminate it w/ extreme predjudice.
    JimmyV

Go Back to forum