• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: I am in love..

Share/Bookmark

I am in love..

no, not what you think. After 40 years of marriage I simply can't change. No, yesterday my son in Belgium showed me his new MacBook with Leopard. Even Garageband was there. Since then I dream of the ease of use, video editing, photo caputering, sound stuff, all in one operating system..... far from Windows, which is still in the "dark mediaevel".

Re: I am in love..

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    no, not what you think. After 40 years of marriage I simply can't change. No, yesterday my son in Belgium showed me his new MacBook with Leopard. Even Garageband was there. Since then I dream of the ease of use, video editing, photo caputering, sound stuff, all in one operating system..... far from Windows, which is still in the "dark mediaevel".
    Phew!!! That's a relief! The loss of you as a PC user to a MAC user is far, far less painful than the loss of you personally.

If and when the time comes for you to go through your metamorphosis I am certain you will have more than enough clear and valuable input from members here to help you through the process.

Best,

Joe

Raymond62:
    Welcome to the MUs (Mac Users.) I know little to nothing about sequencing, etc., but I do know how to write and print with my Mac, so if I can ever be of any assistance, please feel free to call on me.

sos (Stodgy Old Steve)

Hey folks, I didn't say I have one, I just saw one in my son's posession and I loved it.........

Come on Raymond, I think we all know there's no turning back from the point where you are.

[with sinister voice]: "Before the moon is full, thou shallt own one."

No guys, not yet. Saturday night, coming back from Belgium, my car broke down. I could get at home in time, but on Sunday the disaster was complete. I think the waterpump broke down, at least with sufficient cooling water (re-filled) the temp got sky high within a couple of yards. So, first things first.....

But you are right, that feeling is still there..........

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    I think the waterpump broke down, at least with sufficient cooling water (re-filled) the temp got sky high within a couple of yards. So, first things first.....
    I hope you stopped the engine as soon as it overheated! It's a short distance from "replace the waterpump" to "replace the head gasket(s)."

Joe

Cool Re: I am in love..

Infatuation, then obsession, are powerful drivers of human behavior. At least a computer just costs a couple thousand dollars, and there's no expensive divorce when you change models eventually.

Trond

I prayed to my guardian angels, because I had to drive more than 15 miles before reaching home. They did a good job. I reached home in the middle of the night. Today I consulted the garage and they adviced me to fill up the system at max. level, even there where the instruction manual said not to. I drove another 8 miles to have that bloody thing checked... and nothing gave reason to extra financial blood-letting. They found nothing in particular, checked the head gaskets, .... no problem at all.

So I am ordered to check the liquid level at regular basis this week.... but for now... I seem to have some extra money left..... Thank for your interest, this had nothing to do with Garritan, though Sax gaskets in JABB ????

Thumbs up Re: I am in love..

Nice, aren't they! I just picked up a MacPro last week yet haven't had time to set it up yet. My twin brother bought one and just like you, I had to have one as well.
    Now the question ezz, what do I do with this PC? See?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum