• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A question about the Steinway installation

Share/Bookmark

A question about the Steinway installation

Hi!

I was just wondering if it's possible to perform a partial installation with the Pro-version of Steinway so that if I don't have the 45 gigs HD available, I could install only selected micing positions for now, until I get more? Or is the 45 gigs requirement to use the Pro version at all so that it's not possible to install any less than 45 gigs?

Re: A question about the Steinway installation

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika View Post
    Hi!

I was just wondering if it's possible to perform a partial installation with the Pro-version of Steinway so that if I don't have the 45 gigs HD available, I could install only selected micing positions for now, until I get more? Or is the 45 gigs requirement to use the Pro version at all so that it's not possible to install any less than 45 gigs?
    Yes... you can install only one perspective, two, three, four or all five. You can add them or uninstall any at will.

Best,

Gary

Thanks! This is good to know!

Thanks! This is good to know!
    Each perspective on a separate partition or hard drive if needed
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

I understand that the new Steinway requires 45G of hard drive space. I have 2 questions:

1. Must the new Steinway library be installed on the Operating System hard drive? I have 2 other hard drives with plenty of space left but the C drive has less than 1G remaining. Can I install on one of my 2 other hard drives?

2. If it cannot be installed on one of my other hard drives if I purchase an external hard drive can the Steinway library be installed in that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J View Post
    I understand that the new Steinway requires 45G of hard drive space. I have 2 questions:

1. Must the new Steinway library be installed on the Operating System hard drive? I have 2 other hard drives with plenty of space left but the C drive has less than 1G remaining. Can I install on one of my 2 other hard drives?

2. If it cannot be installed on one of my other hard drives if I purchase an external hard drive can the Steinway library be installed in that?

Thanks
    You can install the samples anywhere you like, provided the drive is fast. The Steinway comes with a "Sample Manager" utility whose purpose is to offer complete flexibility in the install destination of each of the perspectives.

For instance, I've been running my development tests on a Firewire Lacie external drive for 4 perspectives and another one on my slower internal laptop drive.

Only the application files need to be on the system drive (40 something megabytes).
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    Each perspective on a separate partition or hard drive if needed
    Even better!!!

Btw, do you happen to know... if one had to compare, which perspective in the new Steinway would correspond the best to the one in the 2-layer GPO Steinway?

Even better!!!

Btw, do you happen to know... if one had to compare, which perspective in the new Steinway would correspond the best to the one in the 2-layer GPO Steinway?
    The Authorized Steinway has many more options/layers/features/enhancements than the GPO Steinway. Much different in many aspects.

Best,

Gary

Actually, I was just curious in terms of just purely micing position, how was the original GPO Steinway originally miced? I know the new Steinway beats it in terms of quality, naturally. Just because I like the reverb in the GPO Steinway, I was thinking which one of the new micings would have something similar in terms of ambience. Of course better, though, but still.

What is the user agreement? Are you going to post it on your web site?

Thanks.

Go Back to forum