• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Instrument in Finale 2008

Share/Bookmark

Vienna Instrument in Finale 2008

Hi,

Has anyone tried to set up so that vienna instruments can be run out of finale? Yes I know that it cannot be done directly (only NI vst for now), but with enough articulations assigned to keyswitches in human playback as an instrument profile, can a reasonable performance be exported as a midi file and then used in Cubase or the like? The fine tuning will have to be done in a sequencer, but getting most of the articulations roughly set up using standard mappings in Finale would save a lot of time generating them in cubase by hand. I am in Finale 2006 but will wait until finale 2009, which is supposed to have a broader vst implementation, if this cannot be done now. Thanks in advance for any advice,

Paul

Re: Vienna Instrument in Finale 2008

This isn't really an answer at your question, but I think you can play Vienna "directly" from Finale. Well, not real directly but via a "midi patch cable".

Example on this is midi yoke http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm (windows, but i know Mac has something like this too).

With this driver you can connect Finale with Vienna, and test the playback before you make a midifile for Cubase.
    Fred

Finale 2008, GPO, JABB, C&MB, Strad, Gofriller, Kontakt 3

Quote Originally Posted by frivo View Post
    This isn't really an answer at your question, but I think you can play Vienna "directly" from Finale. Well, not real directly but via a "midi patch cable".

Example on this is midi yoke http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm (windows, but i know Mac has something like this too).

With this driver you can connect Finale with Vienna, and test the playback before you make a midifile for Cubase.
    Thanks Frivo, I was hoping someone could answer my question about using human playback who had experience doing this, but I suppose this is an interesting way forward in the meantime. I'll have to try it,

Paul

If you save to midi, Finale will incororate HP and articulations. But I have heard that you have to play one time first. (Not play the whole piece, but press the play button, and wait for the HP to "render"). If you than save to MIDI I think the articualtions and HP is therem ready for Cubase.
    Fred

Finale 2008, GPO, JABB, C&MB, Strad, Gofriller, Kontakt 3

Go Back to forum