• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics Trilogy And The Intel Wrapper

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Trilogy And The Intel Wrapper

Has anybody used this wrapper on a MACBOOK PRO? Can some one give me some feed back on the side effects?
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Spectrasonics Trilogy And The Intel Wrapper

Why not give it a go yourself? What's the worst that could happen?
    Joris de Man - Composer | Sound Designer - www.jorisdeman.com | Killzone 2 soundtrack now available on iTunes link

Quote Originally Posted by Joris de Man View Post
    Why not give it a go yourself? What's the worst that could happen?
    Well I could be out almost $300, if I have problems with it. Then I would have to wait who knows how long for the upgrade, BLAH.....lol
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com

Are you saying that you don't yet own Trilogy but are thinking of buying it? I definitely would not. Most others who already own Trilogy and have purchased an new Mac have given up on the wrapper solution and are using other sources until the Steam engine is released.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio View Post
    Are you saying that you don't yet own Trilogy but are thinking of buying it? I definitely would not. Most others who already own Trilogy and have purchased an new Mac have given up on the wrapper solution and are using other sources until the Steam engine is released.
    JP
    Yea I dont have it yet but was thinking of getting it. But Im really torn , because I really want it, but at the same time if its not going to work then whats the point?

www.plusishiphop.com

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio View Post
    Most others who already own Trilogy and have purchased an new Mac have given up on the wrapper solution and are using other sources until the Steam engine is released.
    JP
    Actually, that's very far from reality.

The wrapper is working for the majority of users, but it is true that it's certainly not a perfect solution for everyone. It depends greatly on the system configuration and the intended use.

The reason that it appears that it's not working for anyone, is because people who have issues with the wrapper (both real and imagined) post in forums and the majority of people that aren't having issues are not posting...they are just using them. We know for sure that that there are many pro users that are using them successfully everyday on major projects.

If you're not sure about purchasing Trilogy if the wrapper would work for you, I'd suggest contacting us directly about it and we can advise you better on your particular system.

info@spectrasonics.net

You may be right Eric and admittedly i was basing my assessment on what i have read on the NS forums and the many others which i follow. But I use Trilogy regularly on a G5 and because of all of the complaints that i have heard regarding the wrappers I've decided to hold off on a new Mac until there is a trouble free way to use Trilogy.
    Come to think of it I haven't heard a single person say that using Atmosphere/Trilogy with the wrapper was NOT problematic.
    JP

Go Back to forum