• Register
  • Help

Topic: Synthogy Ivory Grand Piano II? My wishlist for the Successor of Ivory

Share/Bookmark

Synthogy Ivory Grand Piano II? My wishlist for the Successor of Ivory

Hello,
    does somebody know if there are any plans for an successor of the Ivory Pianos? I love Ivory and it would be nice to get an even better version.

That's what I wish:
    1. Steinway without the noise in the very soft parts (sounds almost like radio noise?)
    2. Another Piano, maybe a Bechstein, Blüthner, ...
    3. The Bösendorfer is not exactly what I expected, the one from QL Pianos sounds much warmer
    4. A Yamaha with more velocity levels
    5. 64 bit Version running in MS Vista
    6. I can adjust how much RAM is used
    7. at least three mic positions: close, mid-close, player, audience e.g., 5.1, what about a binaural version?
    8. convolution hall like in NI Akoustik Piano
    9. repetition notes feature like in QL Pianos
    10. MIDI recording possibility with click
    11. lid simulation
    12. easier interface an easier preset management it is just confusing with key mapping, room setting and so on
    13. more transparency: all piano together have over 60GB soundmaterial where is it used?
    14. a NI KONTAKT version, for more flexibility
    15. a better licence contract so that it possible to transfer a licence. It is so annoying that this is not possible!!! Other companies like Steinberg or NI make this possible - why not Synthogy? I have a studio and earn money with that. If a customer comes to me ans asks "do you have a good piano sound?" I cannot say "Well I have Ivory here in the Studio, we can you use this during the recorduing session here for your songs." That is not allowed! And that is so annoying. Why is this Software not seen as an Instrument? Only one person can play an Instrument at once (ok maybe two . That should be the licence!

What do you wish?

Metuschelach

Re: Synthogy Ivory Grand Piano II? My wishlist for the Successor of Ivory

Hi,

How about adding real sympathetic resonance to the samples

My #1 wish for the next version of Ivory: The ability to edit the keymaps so that I can remove notes that are a bit too "warts & all" for certain applications. In the current Ivory, Middle D on the Yamaha is unvorgivably bad - ruins the whole Yamaha for me (sounds like a serious mechanical fault that I'm amazed wasn't corrected before sampling). Middle Bb on the Steinway also sounds just wrong - like a cow bell - quite jarring compared to the surrounding samples. Not as bad as the Yamaha fault, but still causes me much conern when I play the steinway.

Other than that, Ivory is fantastic! Still, can't wait to play Garritan's new library. I'm listening to the demos, and may purchase in the summer.

"9. repetition notes feature like in QL Pianos"

that would be a fantastic feature.

By the way, have you guys tried the expansion pack (the italian grand) at all? I wanted to know what you guys think about it, before i purchase it. Is it worth the price?

The Italian grand is very nice..Im running it on my mac recording setup as well as on a Receptor Pro Jr...cant comment on the Recptr thing yet as I just put that together and am trying to get a good live sound..but in a recording setup, its a different animal than the Stnways, very playable..sits in mixes quite different...for the price you cant beat it, and if you like the Ivory stuff, IG gives u quite a few more options. These are the only piano's that Ive ever used for daw..
    A.

#6: yeah. some deep discstreaming options would be nice.
    i often can´t use ivory, simply because i´m already close to logics ram limit, which on my system is between 2 and 2,4 GB.
    therefore adding a rewire-option would be great (just as steinbergs "the grand") because rewired apps run outside of the logic ram.
    Mac Pro 8core 2,8 / 14GB RAM / OS 10.6.3 / Apogee Ensemble / Logic 9.1.1 / SX 4.5 / Live 7 / Omnisphere-Trillian 1.3.2 / RMX 1.9.4

Go Back to forum