• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with Symphonic Choir Word builder in sonar

Share/Bookmark

Problem with Symphonic Choir Word builder in sonar

When i'm using Word builder in sonar as a plugin. I cannot type 'r' and 'w', all other syllables are fine. And i can't even use the space to separate the words , sonar starts playing my track once i press the space key....apparently i can't change the hot key.

..why's symphonic choir such a pain to use or is it just me that i didn't study the manual well enough?

Re: Problem with Symphonic Choir Word builder in sonar

If it is of any consolation to you, I have the exact same problem with most of my NI plugins.

Which version of Sonar are you using? I'm not sure about the 'r' and 'w' letters, but there is a bug in Sonar 4.03 and earlier where the spacebar starts the tracks playing as you describe. The only thing to do I believe is to update Sonar. My workaround is to use choirs and wordbuilder in standalone mode to get it to sound right, save the voice type and then import this directly into wordbuilder in Sonar.

Hope that helps.

Lloyd

There was a simmilar issue with Cubase SX/SL2...

Key commands are going first through Cubase (and Sonar I assume) and then to WB. So if you press... the space bar, for example, it will count as "play" and not as space in WB.

You will need to disable the keycommands inside sonar, somehow and then try again.

I have Cubase and this was the problem with versions earlier to 3. Versions 3 and later fixed this. Don't know about Sonar but it sounds kinda like the same problem.

EDIT: A sucky way of a workaround would be to have the notepad open and type everything in there, to copy paste is insidea WB. but it does suck, it really does...

I'm using Sonar 5 PE and don't experience this problem with Word Builder. I'd be interested to see if anyone ever put together a piece where you can actually understand the words the choir is singing.
    Dave M

I think you can make out the words on the piece Trick or Treat, which you can check out via my sig. [Disclaimer: I am sure there are many who are better than me at programming/orchestrating the choirs].

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Yes. Your right. I could understand the words in Trick or Treat. Good job!
    Dave M

Quote Originally Posted by commalot View Post
    Yes. Your right. I could understand the words in Trick or Treat. Good job!
    Dave M
    Thanks!

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Go Back to forum