• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To be a Hero - new work

To be a Hero - new work

Hi everyone! It's been a while! I am just listening to all the new pieces at the forum at the moment, I will make sure to leave some comments in the threads.

I have been working on this piece. It is called "To be a hero".

To be a Hero
    MP3, 4:58

Re: To be a Hero - new work

That's some real nice writing, young man! Very dramatic. Excellent percussion work.

You show much musical maturity and you have a bright future ahead of you. If I were a movie producer I would certainly hire you.

Thank you for posting your fine music.

Larry G. Alexander

Ellendale, ND

Excellent dynamic control. Interesting rhythms, full bodied melodic line. Full harmonic spread. - a piece that demands repeated listenings.

Whether you intend to continue working on this as an orchestral presentation or a movie score, its rousing format will be an audience pleaser.

I can use numerous superlatives here, but this word is also in the right place: EXCELLENT.

How did you achieve that short roll/rhithmic of the SnareDrum (isn't it).

Thanks for the comments! Much appreciated.

As for the snare drum, a few of the samples in here including that snare roll is an east west sample, however, you can get a good roll with the garritan snare too, in the sample on C# there is a roll, which you can control the dynamic of in the piano roll using CC#1/mod wheel. Alternatively, you can write in the rolls manually. But generally the samples ones are pretty good, it's more realistic of how a real percussionist would play.

As always, you give us a wonderful, fully formed and rendered work. There is little say in the way of criticism - you have the style down cold, and the gestures feel natural and right. Excellent work!
    Ron Pearl

Thanks Chris. I will use that CC# to get a more realistic roll.
    Still, your work is great. Had a second listening.

Los Angeles

Very good indeed. I love the transitions from loud blaring brass and percussion to tender strings.
    Dave M.

It would be best if this was moved to a more appropriate listening room such as
    the Main Northern Sounds Listening Area.
    Thank you administrators.

Holy crap.

Astonishing. That's all I can say.

*envious* I wish I could compose like that... -.-;;
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast