• Register
  • Help

Topic: Nintendo DS - Hall & Reverb

Nintendo DS - Hall & Reverb

Hello there,

I've just got a quick question concerning the Nintendo DS sound hardware. After providing an XM or IT tracker song - are there any post-processing effects like reverb or echo included for the programmer, hardware-wise from the Nintendo DS sound chip itself?

If I remember correctly, the Super Nintendo already offered some kind of reverb, which was a mere echo per channel that faked a kind of hall and other goodies. Also the GBA soundchip offered hall algorithms as far as I know. So the next logical step would be that NDS also offeres post-processing fx, would be strange if not.

Any help and advice from composers or versed DS programmers would be greatly appreciated, thanks much in advance!

Best Regards,

Re: Nintendo DS - Hall & Reverb

As far as I'm aware I've not heard of any. But if your game is not too cpu intensive you could possibly fake it through a buffer and an extra channel. Alternatively fake reverb with careful programming in the XM/IT tracks.
    Composer / Sound Designer / Audio Engineer

Re: Nintendo DS - Hall & Reverb

OMG why do people insist on making XM for the DS ? It is capable of so much more using Nintendo's tools !
    News & Music here.

Go Back to forum