• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: question for Finale 2008 and GPO KP2 users

Share/Bookmark

question for Finale 2008 and GPO KP2 users

I just got my upgrade to Finale 2008 yesterday, and I had a quick question about stereo panning with GPO KP2 instruments. There are two places to adjust stereo panning, in the Finale mixer in the left column of the screen, and inside of KP2. Which one has an effect on the sound, or do they both? Which one should I be using to pan left and right? Are they linked?

Re: question for Finale 2008 and GPO KP2 users

start with the pan effect in the Instrument List within Finale.

it "normally" overrides the panning of the Kontakt Player.

Just answered my own question.

For those of you who would like to know, it looks like it is best to adjust the stereo panning in Finale's mixer and the KP2 plugin will follow.

Haha, thank you for your response. It looks like we posted at the exact same time.

I just upgraded to Finale 2008. How come my Kontakt 2, which I got there via "Midi/Audio then VST Setup, doesn't look like the ones in the help section, which look like Finale 2006? I added an instrument using the 'Staff Tool' but it won't play. No it isn't muted.

I'm trying to add an instrument to an already existing Finale 2008 doc with Kontakt but there's nothing that says I can. Yes, the other instruments are playing through VST.

What's going on? Is there another way to do this?

Don

Don,

If you're new to 2008, take some time to read the "What's New" section. Many things have changed. Many things are explained.

With 2008 you can use the setup wizard to add a new staff, add a GPO instrument and a unique midi channel all at the same time.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    If you're new to 2008, take some time to read the "What's New" section.
    Jeff,
    Where is the "What's New" section?
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bassist View Post
    Jeff,
    Where is the "What's New" section?
    Don
    Hello Don,

To find the 'What's New' in Finale 2008 go to the Finale top menu, click 'Help' then hover over 'User Manual'. 'What's New' is at the bottom of the list.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Bassist View Post
    I just upgraded to Finale 2008. How come my Kontakt 2, which I got there via "Midi/Audio then VST Setup, doesn't look like the ones in the help section, which look like Finale 2006? I added an instrument using the 'Staff Tool' but it won't play. No it isn't muted.

I'm trying to add an instrument to an already existing Finale 2008 doc with Kontakt but there's nothing that says I can. Yes, the other instruments are playing through VST.

What's going on? Is there another way to do this?
    Thanks everybody but no help. Please look at the above quote and if you can tell me how to do it I'd appreciate it.
    Don

Hi
    To get the correct info on loading instruments into Kontakt player 2, you will need to look at the GPO and HP Tutorial. Load help (just press F1 while within Finale) and from the sidebar navigate to Tutorials->"GPO and HP Tutorial"->"Garritan Instruments Setup."
    This page describes how to make sure that instruments are loaded both in Kontak player 1 and Kontak player 2, and how to use the instrument window to set the midi channels etc.

Most of the menu screenshots are from a Mac, but they are essentially the same as on Windows (they just look a little different. layout is the same).

There is also a page with more info on Kontakt player 2. To get to the correct help page, do the following:
    From the Midi menu, select VST Setup...
    When the Native Instruments VST Setup dialogue comes up, click on the help button.
    Explorer will come up with the appropriate page. Look down the page and under the heading "What it Does" there are two links.
    "Kontakt Player 2" and "Garritan Personal Orchestra Finale Edition"
    Click on the link "Kontakt Player 2"

This link will give general information on Kontakt Player 2, but (unfortunately) no info on how to actually load instruments into the player.

Hope this helps...

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Go Back to forum