• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: DEBUSSY Prelude to "The Afternoon of the Faun"

Share/Bookmark

DEBUSSY Prelude to "The Afternoon of the Faun"

Friends, please enjoy this rendering Claude Debussy's Prelude to "The Afternoon of the Faun".

As always, your feedback is highly valued and is incorporated into the music.

Thanks!
    Jason

Re: DEBUSSY Prelude to "The Afternoon of the Faun"

First I have to congratulate you on being so brave as to attempt to render this incredibly famous piece with samples. I don't believe I have ever heard Debussy done with samples. As an orchestral flautist myself, I have a particular delight in this piece. I don't know how many times I have actually played this and it simply never ends to blow my mind....

Books have been written about that flute solo at the beginning. I think you did a fantastic job with this piece. Very sensitive and amazingly accurate. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

I did very much enjoy this. Very nice job!!

Great stuff! I like that almost without an audible attack start of the flute. May be a tiny bit more reverb, just a little. It is so intimate that too much will destroy this great piece. You really must have had a lot of work to make it sound as it is....

I never found my way around Debussy that much, but after this I must dive into his works a bit more. Thank you for posting this.

Raymond

Fantastic job! Your control over dynamics is very impressive - really beautifully done. The flute did seem a little too far forward, however - as though it were not seated with the rest of the woodwinds; but, you shaping of the line was superb, so please take this as just a small comment.

What program did you use to render this?

Such a lot of work! Many thanks for sharing this.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Jason:
    Excellent and overpowering work. I have spent years studing, emulatiing, and playing Debussy. This is the first rendering I have heard that would rival a live recording. Congratulations!! I did miss the bassoon part somehow, it is one of those extreme high bassoon things that is difficult to bring off at best.
    What notation pgm, what pgm for rendering. How long did this immense effort take to get this far with. Best wishes, thanks for posting this.
    John

You guys are very cool to post such kind words! Thank you! I am quite flattered

I used Finale 2008 through GPO to render this piece, then a wave editor to normalize, then I converted it to an MP3 file.

Jason,

In a word:

Bravo!

An excellent rendering of this; but far, far more
    importantly: a fine performance of this very
    challenging work!

With admiration,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

[quote=rpearl;558549]
    What program did you use to render this?
    quote]
    I used Finale 2008 on an Acer PC running Vista. The library was GPO version 3.0.

cubfanstew:

I agree with David. Top drawer professionalism.

sos

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast