• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX re-install...

Share/Bookmark

RMX re-install...

Hi chaps.

I finally decided it was time to reformat my DAW. All my libraries however are strored on a seperate disk. So after reformatting I still had a disk full of libraries.

Then came the time to install RMX:

1) Can I just install the two RMX DVD's, or must I also install Stylus Classic (6 CD's hope not)
    2) After installing the RMX plugin it does not find the library located on my secondary disk. How do I make it do that?

The install guide is obviously not meant for a situation like mine. But before I start going through installing the library again, I was hoping that perhaps I could just install the plugin in my VST directory and then point it to the library.

Ideas?

Re: RMX re-install...

You'll find the instructions for installing on a secondary drive in the RMX Installation Guide. Or you can check the Spectrasonics support site: support.spectrasonics.net. Or, if you're running a recent version of RMX it will prompt you to locate the folder when you load RMX.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    You'll find the instructions for installing on a secondary drive in the RMX Installation Guide. Or you can check the Spectrasonics support site: support.spectrasonics.net. Or, if you're running a recent version of RMX it will prompt you to locate the folder when you load RMX.

- Glenn
    Yeah, I looked at the installation guide but I can't get it to apply to my situation... At least I can't make it work.

I've downloaded the latest RMX update, but it does not promt me for pointing to the library

No one?

Right now I have the stylus dll in my VST folder, but library on a different HD from a different install. How should I proceed - I don't get the whole "create shortcut" thing from the manual.

Wink Re: RMX re-install...

Hang on Marcus.... I don't have the answer, but I know there's a whole slew of guys on here who do............... chime in gentlemen.

Check the installation manual and the support site for instructions. It's not important to understand what a shortcut is...just follow the instructions. But, if you're still stumped, contact tech support and they'll help you out.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum