• Register
  • Help

Topic: Controlling GPO Studio from another computers

Share/Bookmark

Controlling GPO Studio from another computers

Hi!

Sorry if this is a newbie question and if this has been covered before.

In controlling GPO Studio from another computer you need to activate the special "GPO_Studio_Midi_In" tool. This works fine, but normaly you just have one midi-controller and therefor you are only able to control 2 GPO units (16 midichannels alltogether), right!?

So you need 3 more midi in/output to control the rest of the GPO Studio (GPO3-8), right?

I have been looking for a usb-device to provide med with midi-connection between two computers, but I cant find one!!! Am I really the only one with this need? You can ofcourse find a usb-midi adapter (MAudio e.g.) but I want usb in both ends!

Am I overlooking something here?

Regards
    Tyttebaer

Re: Controlling GPO Studio from another computers

Quote Originally Posted by Tyttebaer View Post
    Hi!

Sorry if this is a newbie question and if this has been covered before.

In controlling GPO Studio from another computer you need to activate the special "GPO_Studio_Midi_In" tool. This works fine, but normaly you just have one midi-controller and therefor you are only able to control 2 GPO units (16 midichannels alltogether), right!?

So you need 3 more midi in/output to control the rest of the GPO Studio (GPO3-8), right?

I have been looking for a usb-device to provide med with midi-connection between two computers, but I cant find one!!! Am I really the only one with this need? You can ofcourse find a usb-midi adapter (MAudio e.g.) but I want usb in both ends!

Regards
    Tyttebaer
    Hello Tyttebaer and a warm welcome to our forums.

Most of us here use GPO with notation programs such as Finale or Sibelius or with sequencers such as Sonar or Cubase. There are a few of us still using GPO Studio and hopefully one of these will be able to answer your query.

Sorry I can't offer any other help than this.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Tyttebaer

Hi

You actually need two midi devices, one on each computer.
    One with 4 in and 4 out (8 ports total) such as the one here http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...T4x4-main.html should do the trick.

Alternatively, If your computers each have a network card, you can us ipMidi to send Midi over the network. Check out http://www.nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html. They have a version for Windows as well as OSX. All you really need is a network interface on each computer, and a suitable cable between the two. Of the two options, this will be cheaper and requires less cables.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Thanks for your kind support and help - I will give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by darrob View Post
    Hi

You actually need two midi devices, one on each computer.
    One with 4 in and 4 out (8 ports total) such as the one here http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...T4x4-main.html should do the trick.

Alternatively, If your computers each have a network card, you can us ipMidi to send Midi over the network. Check out http://www.nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html. They have a version for Windows as well as OSX. All you really need is a network interface on each computer, and a suitable cable between the two. Of the two options, this will be cheaper and requires less cables.

Cheers...

Daz :0)

Go Back to forum