• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Today is Leap Year Day

Share/Bookmark

Today is Leap Year Day

HAPPY LEAP YEAR!

Today is Leap Year. Do we really need this extra day?

My oldest daughter was born on leap year. She only celebrates every four years and not every year like the rest of us. This could be viewed as discriminatory.

Maybe it's time we do away with leap year.

People are living longer so it is curious why this day is needed. It has been rumored that the Illuminati conspired to make 366 days every four years in an effort to keep the politicians in power one more day. And to squeeze one more day out of the working person. And 24 more hours of commercials on TV. Yet one more winter day to pay for heating.

Leap Year abolitionists are advocating a new system. Maybe we should subtract 365 days for leap year instead of adding a day. Or maybe we can save all the leap year days and have a leap month every 120 years and take an entire month off.

There must be a better way...

Re: Today is Leap Year Day

Let's ask the Wizard!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    My oldest daughter was born on leap year. She only celebrates every four years and not every year like the rest of us. This could be viewed as discriminatory.
    On the other hand, with a good lawyer, maybe she can avoid paying taxes until she's 72.

I was born two days before leap-day. My mother was trying to hold out another 48 hours, but I wasn't having any of that!
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Rossini wrote The Barber of Seville before his sixth birthday.

He was also born on Leap Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    On the other hand, with a good lawyer, maybe she can avoid paying taxes until she's 72.
    ... and waiting all those years for her first beer, booz, boyfriend, driving license (overhere it is at 18)..... no way, that poor girl.... Gary don't tell her this

Raymond

So if today is your 17th birthday, would the Social Security Administration deny you retirement benefits?

dave

I say we eliminate Daylight Savings time. Go back to the Babylonian 360 day year. Add the extra days for one big Siesta. Change the taxes to a voluntary flat tax. And change tax day to the Tuesday before election day.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Quote Originally Posted by schneb View Post
    I say we eliminate Daylight Savings time. Go back to the Babylonian 360 day year. Add the extra days for one big Siesta. Change the taxes to a voluntary flat tax. And change tax day to the Tuesday before election day.
    In that case we should also regularly celebrate Jubilee - when all sins and debts are forgiven. My mortgage company might not like it, but it would definitely end the foreclosure problem! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_%28Christian%29

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    In that case we should also regularly celebrate Jubilee - when all sins and debts are forgiven. My mortgage company might not like it, but it would definitely end the foreclosure problem! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_%28Christian%29
    With many being "upside down" (house worth less than the mortgage) many are simply invoking their own Jubilee and walking from their mortgages. There was a story in the New York Times about it today and how there are services helping homeowners to simply walk away from their mortgages. We live in interesting times.

~

Go Back to forum