• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS4 in EQ Magazine

Share/Bookmark

GS4 in EQ Magazine

Just received my print copy of Craig Anderton's EQ Magazine. (not online yet)
    pg. 52 has an article "TASCAM-GigaStudio4 - Create Your Own GigaStudio Instruments". A few photos of the Editor and a bunch of instructions/tips on the topic.

Interesting (read: frustrating) that TASCAM obviously has released copies and approved articles about an app that we can't get yet.

It's kind of like having TASCAM send us copies of the Owner's Manual in advance of release pf the program.
    (actually, that wouldn't be such a bad idea!!)
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Re: GS4 in EQ Magazine

Don't take it badly, willie. Anderton happens to have written the manual for GS4, hence his having a copy to review. It's also not really an "advance" copy. He's been working with beta release candidates. Testing just closed a matter of days ago, and other elements are not ready for press, so there's no way anything resembling the final product has been sent to anyone, other than to Tascam exec's so they can sign off of design, print quality, etc.

Belbin

Way To Go Tascam !!

Craig Anderton is a great guy to have do an article.

He doesn't roll over like most " keyboard " magazines do. He also seems to look at things from a live players perspective still.

I grow weary of so many reviews where the person reviewing has no stage experience. Sure, I also need to know how things work in a studio enviroment, but if it works live, the studio would obviously be a cinch.

Arbiter recently scolded SOS publications for giving an honest review on the CME controllers. We need such people in the business.

My years of loyalty will surely pay off this time around. Gsampler was revolutionary, GS160 was a nice upgrade, GS3 was,....well, O.K., GVI kicked the tires, and GS4 will light the fires.

Thanks Belbin, Truly A God Amongst Men.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
    Craig Anderton is a great guy to have do an article.
    He wasn't a half-bad guitarist, either...

Any other Mandrake Memorial fans here?

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by belbin View Post
    Don't take it badly, willie. Anderton happens to have written the manual for GS4, hence his having a copy to review. It's also not really an "advance" copy. He's been working with beta release candidates. Testing just closed a matter of days ago, and other elements are not ready for press, so there's no way anything resembling the final product has been sent to anyone, other than to Tascam exec's so they can sign off of design, print quality, etc.

Belbin
    yeah, I agree, just frustrating...that's all. I've *finally* gotten used to seeing companies (and retailers) run ads in trade mags for products not yet released (MOTU & Sweetwater are infamous for this), but this is the first time I've come across a print article about one. wouldn't you think, though, that Anderton must have a pretty "final" copy before he'd write a print story about it? egg on his face if they changed it substantially after he'd published his article
    Mac G5 DP 2.3, Os 10.4.11, 4 Gig RAM running DigiPerf 5.13, PTools LE 7.4, Sibelius 5, Finale 2008,
    P4 1.7 Gig, XP SP2, 2 Gig RAM,running GigaStudio 3.2,
    3 x 20" LCDs, 2 x MOTU MTP AVs, Digi 002r
    Kurz K2000r, Roland XV-3080, Emu Pro II, Kurz PC2r, Alesis DM-Pro, Kurz Midiboard

Go Back to forum