• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prosonus tuning

Share/Bookmark

Prosonus tuning

I bought the Prosonus orchestral collection as an addition to my other orch libraries and for the money it is pretty good, but, many of the samples in quite a few of the instruments are badly out of tune. Just a heads up that you will have to spend some time tuning up individual samples.

Re: Prosonus tuning

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scf3:
    I bought the Prosonus orchestral collection as an addition to my other orch libraries and for the money it is pretty good, but, many of the samples in quite a few of the instruments are badly out of tune. Just a heads up that you will have to spend some time tuning up individual samples.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Scf3,

How do you tell if an instrument is out of tune? I\'m asking because my ear isn\'t anymore what it used to be. As a matter of fact, it never was what it used to be...

Can you input a sample in a program and get the fundamental tone? And, how do you retune?

Thanks!

Funny how something negative twoards me always pops up anytime I say something that includes GOS....hmm....especially considering you this is the second time you\'ve repeated yourself....whats the matter you think someone didn\'t hear you the first time?

Donnie

PatS

\"Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!\"

\"Where\'s the ka-boom? There\'s supposed to be an Earth-shattering ka-boom!...Heavens! Someone has stolen the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator! The Earth creature has *stolen* the Space Modulator!\"

Truce? Please?

Pat

P.S. I said I was almost 40, so what else would I watch as a kid? OK, Tarzan. Now it\'s SpongeBob SquarePants and Angry Beavers. Hey, the kids are already watching these shows. Ah, spoot! I miss Animaniacs and Richard Stone. Whoa! That was cathartic!

BTW, I\'ve always heard it as Pu-36, but some Chuck Jones purists insist it\'s Q-36.

[This message has been edited by PatS (edited 04-10-2002).]

SpongeBob Square Pants rules!! How about some samples of Squidward\'s clarinet playing?!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PatS:
    \"Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!\"

\"Where\'s the ka-boom? There\'s supposed to be an Earth-shattering ka-boom!...Heavens! Someone has stolen the Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator! The Earth creature has *stolen* the Space Modulator!\"

Truce? Please?

Pat

P.S. I said I was almost 40, so what else would I watch as a kid? OK, Tarzan. Now it\'s SpongeBob SquarePants and Angry Beavers. Hey, the kids are already watching these shows. Ah, spoot! I miss Animaniacs and Richard Stone. Whoa! That was cathartic!

BTW, I\'ve always heard it as Pu-36, but some Chuck Jones purists insist it\'s Q-36.

[This message has been edited by PatS (edited 04-10-2002).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pat,

I\'m sorry if it seems like I\'m being mean but anyone can see that these \"flame\" posts only come right after \"GOS\" is mentioned in any way. It\'s just a little much for me to handle. After all these libraries (LOP and POC) have been out for quite some time now and no one has had ANYTHING negative to say until these past couple of days.

Where is Oliver Stone when you need him?

Donnie

[This message has been edited by donnie (edited 04-10-2002).]

donnie, I think you\'d be just fantastic as the producer, editor, writer, of a conspiracy theory newsletter.

you\'re digging man, really digging.

you might want to look at the date that this post started on,...and then maybe...jsut maybe.. look when you started the thread taht you think started the rage against Donnie...

maybe you\'ll see something....

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 04-10-2002).]

I own the Akai version of this library, but I\'m not gonna jump in defense of either of you two \"rebels\" since the tuning might be different in the Giga version. On the AKAI disc there are several out of tune samples. It\'s nothing serious though, as it takes you but a few seconds to fix it in Giga Edit. I can\'t imagine it being a big problem with the Giga version either.

Thomas

I have owned Prosonus for a few weeks now. From the little use I have had with it, it seems to use a different reference than my DDSS and Gigapiano(yuk). Do sample makers generally tune their samples to A=440?

This of course is easily remedied by adjusting the tuning slide on the port(?) screen - so I have no problem with it.

There ***may be** some slight internote tuning problems here and there but have not investigated them as of yet. I will look into this further when I get over my general excitement of having this library. It really is a great one both for the price (unbeatable!), the general quality of the samples and the vast amounts of articulations and effect provided.

Donnie, is Big Fish planning on offering updates to this library at some point in the future i.e. is it a living library? While I have you, when I load a key switched sample, I don\'t see the highlights indicating which keys control switching. Do I need to turn something on for this? I do see them with, let say, UOP.

Donnie, as with UOP, you did a fine job creating this sample library. I would be interesting in any background on your process and the original recordings.

Go Back to forum