• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help w/GPO and Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Help w/GPO and Sonar

I go to file/open and open a 3 track midi made in sibelius.

I insert a softsynth, TTS-1 and everything works great. I insert the Roland GS and everything works fine.

When I open a KP2 player and open GPO instruments and go back to sonar and assign outputs, they all work except that I can barely hear the first 2. This happens when ever I do this.

Once working backwards, I assigned the 3rd one first, worked fine...then the 2nd 1, worked fine, then the 1st one and once again, I could barely hear it.

If in the KP2 player I assign the output to different channels, I do not hear anything except the instruments in ST 1.

If I do a piano midi only thru KP2 into sonar, there is no problem with the volume.

So what am I doing wrong?

Ron

Re: Help w/GPO and Sonar

The midi file has a flute, a cello and a piano. I found out that the mod wheel in the KP2 player is at zero for the flute and the cello when I start the piece. If I go to the KP2 player and increase the mod wheel, the volume gets to the right levels. But each time I stop playing the piece the wheels return to zero. How do I stop this from happening?

I bounced these tracks and can only hear the piano.

Ron

So in Sibelius, I would add cc1,127 to each staff at the beginning and that should take care of it? Or should I add cc7,127?

Ron

Jon

I appreciate the help here. As you can probably tell, I am a newbie with Sonar. I haven't got to the point where I know how to add CC1 to the track in Sonar. Is it easily done?

If so, could you tell me how?

If it is difficult, I am sure I will get to it sooner or later.

Thanks

Ron

In Sonar, go to "Options/Project/MIDI Out" and make sure that "Zero Controllers When Play Stops" is not selected.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Jon

I did what you said and it worked. Then I realized that I had the wrong flute added to the KP2. I chaged the flute and got it all working again, went to add the CC value and did it 5 times in a row and it didn't work. On the 6th time it did.

I swear I did it the same way 6 times in a row.

Regardless, it is working now.

In Sibelius, the slur automatically enters the correct midi cc for getting a lkegato sound. That doesn't seem to transfer in the midi into sonar. So I assume now I have to add sustain for all of that as well?

Do you compose in sib or in Sonar?

Ron

Mr Larry

I will check that as well.
    thanks

Jon

One last question and I will let this rest for a while.

When I open a KP2 player in sonar 7 studio, I seem to be only able to have 2 channels that will work in sonar. If I add channels to KP2 and route the instruments thru those new channels, I can't hear them in sonar.

Any Ideas?

Thanks ron

I will check out his post, but I do click that open all and get 16 channels in sonar. , but only the first 2 have any sound. Although once, I got sound out of another one and never put anything there. It just duplicated the first channel yet played in sonar on 2 of them. Weird goings on.

I'll check out that other thread now in hopes that the answer is there.

Thanks

Ron

Jon

That does it. I always added the channels after opening KP@ in Sonar and Sonar didn't realize they were there. I also added C1,127 to my sib files and they work right without entering any controllers in sonar.

This has only taken me since Dec to get working properly!

I appreciate all of the help and, being a former Buckeye myself, I thank you!

Ron

Go Back to forum