• Register
  • Help

Topic: Acer Pcs

Share/Bookmark

Acer Pcs

I been shopping around and stumbled on the Acer PC. It has a nice price and seems okay. 3GBS of ram. AMD dual processors, 3ghz. And 500gb hard drive. Anybody own one. or heard good things about them. Looking for a good second machine. Thanks, Joseph

Re: Acer Pcs

I own an Acer laptop PC, not for working just for office, but I am very happy with it. I also have a couple of Acer screens. I only can have good words about them. Good prices and good products.
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

The IT department at school seems to buy exclusively Acer at the moment. They've supplied me with 20 machines which have been absolutely rock solid so far. And I haven't seen a single dead pixel on all 20 screens.

Thanks, Pingu and Tari, for the comments. For about 700.00 dollars with monitor seems like a excellent price. Been searching the web cant find no disappointed users. Thanks again, made my mind up. Best, Joseph

I've quite a different experience. Over the years, all my desktops are built by myself. For notebooks, I've used different ones over many years. My first was an Acer. Hard-drive died not too long after and it cost me quite a bit of time to repair it. Told myself I would never get an Acer again. But 3-4 years ago, I was pretty intriged by the Acer desktop replacement. My wife warned me of my previous experience, but I got it anyway. That was one big mistake. I had to take it for repair 5 times in a few months. After repair, something else would go wrong - PCMCIA slot, screen, audio, one thing after another. It's not the money that I spent that concerns me - it's the amount of time wasted trying to fix it.

Now I'm reminding myself never to touch Acer again...

Go Back to forum