• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kirk Hunter Sapphire - Less 'verb?

Share/Bookmark

Kirk Hunter Sapphire - Less 'verb?

Anyone know a way to reduce the amount of reverb in Kirk Hunter Sapphire? I suspect that it is a component of the samples and is unchangable, but wanted to see if anyone had a work-around.

Thanks!

Re: Kirk Hunter Sapphire - Less 'verb?

Hi,
    Can you tell me exactly which instrument you want to sound "dryer"?

I'll give you some pointers.

Thanks

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for taking time to help me.

I'm using the following instruments from Sapphire in my Kontakt multi:

11_con_Strings_k_av
    01_con_vns_lite_k_av
    01_stu_vns_lite_k_av
    01_con_vas_lite_k_av
    01_con_vcs_lite_k_av
    01_con_bs_lite_k_av
    01_symphtrbs_lite_k
    01_symphtubas_lite_k
    01_Symph_FHorns_lite_k

For the project on which I am currently working, I would prefer to try a slightly dryer sound. If you could give me a hint on one each of the string and brass instruments regarding how to accomplish this, perhaps I could apply the technique to the other instruments.

Thanks so much for your help.

Ok, the first thing is to make sure you've bypassed the actual reverb that takes advantage of the impulse. You can do that by turning down the reverb amount to 0 OR...if there is a reverb bypass button, make sure it's on.

If you've done that, and it still sound too "wet", then lower the value of the "Release" knob. That will make things sound a LOT more dry. (Alternately, more release time give the sound a much more "wet" effect.) The samples of the Concert Strings were indeed recorded quite dry, so you don't have to worry about any latent ambience in the samples. Simply put, you can go as "dry" as you want.

Let me know if this works.

KH

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Excuse my ignorance regarding editing Kontakt, where is the reverb level/bypass located? I assumed that it would be in the panels that are revealed when the "wrench" icon is clicked, but I can't seem to see it there.

Let's say I wish to change the reverb for:

11_con_Strings_k_av

What are the steps I need to take to find the reverb level/bypass?

Thanks again for your help.

-Bentley Ousley

The reverb bypass is actually right on the front of the interface. If you don't see it, then it does not exist on that instrument. I'm currently moving the studios, so I am not able to open up the ones you're concerned about. So give me a day or so, and I'll see to it.

thanks.

KH

Thanks Kirk,

Whenever you have time, I appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by bousley View Post
    Hi Kirk,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Excuse my ignorance regarding editing Kontakt, where is the reverb level/bypass located? I assumed that it would be in the panels that are revealed when the "wrench" icon is clicked, but I can't seem to see it there.

Let's say I wish to change the reverb for:

11_con_Strings_k_av

What are the steps I need to take to find the reverb level/bypass?

Thanks again for your help.

-Bentley Ousley
    Ok, this instrument does not use reverb. The sound you hear is the long release time. You can change that by turning down the value of the release knob to something like 80. Its default is 100. It's as simple as THAT!

Thanks,
    Kirk

A little aside. . .

Kirk -

I recently purchased the Diamond edition of your orchestral library. I just want to say that this is a great, great orchestral library that you have produced! There are many reasons why I appreciate this library: 1) It sounds good!, 2) the fact that one can control the release times to the instrumental sounds, 3) that there is much control with the sounds in general via KS's and Midi CC's, 4) and that this library blends quite well with other instrumental libraries!

I see that you're helping out this gentleman with his issue. This is very cool. Nice job with the creation of this library and the support that you provide!

Please forgive this little aside. . . and thank you, Mr. Hunter.

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Aw, shucks.

Go Back to forum