• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stradivari + wireless AX7, it's a gas ...

Share/Bookmark

Stradivari + wireless AX7, it's a gas ...

One of my "keyboards" is an AX-7 controller with a wireless midi connection to a desktop with Forte'. I just added the Stradivari and now I'm the hokiest gypsy violinist around . Since the Strad stops at G, I used Forte's midi layering and remapping to set up keyswitches on the low E (default), F (doublestops) and F# (pizzicato).

Anyway, sounds great live and in the jive lexicon: it's really flipping people out.

Thank you Gary-o, Giorgio and Stefano!

Ernie

Re: Stradivari + wireless AX7, it's a gas ...

Quote Originally Posted by ohernie View Post
    One of my "keyboards" is an AX-7 controller with a wireless midi connection to a desktop with Forte'. I just added the Stradivari and now I'm the hokiest gypsy violinist around . Since the Strad stops at G, I used Forte's midi layering and remapping to set up keyswitches on the low E (default), F (doublestops) and F# (pizzicato).

Anyway, sounds great live and in the jive lexicon: it's really flipping people out.

Thank you Gary-o, Giorgio and Stefano!

Ernie
    Hello Ernie,

I'm a violinist and the lowest note on a violin is its open string G below middle C. The Garritan Strad is exactly as it should be.

I'm just curious as to why you would want to try to change this unless I have misunderstood you in some way.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Lightbulb Re: Stradivari + wireless AX7, it's a gas ...

His keyboard, Michael, has 3 more keys after the low G: he remapped keyswitch to have on the portable keyboard the full Violin range and the 3 basic keyswitch just before the first note:
    E,F, F# are keyswitch
    G start playing!

No violin range manipulation, don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    His keyboard, Michael, has 3 more keys after the low G: he remapped keyswitch to have on the portable keyboard the full Violin range and the 3 basic keyswitch just before the first note:
    E,F, F# are keyswitch
    G start playing!

No violin range manipulation, don't worry!
    That's great. Thanks for clarifying that Fabio.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    Hello Ernie,

I'm a violinist and the lowest note on a violin is its open string G below middle C. The Garritan Strad is exactly as it should be.

I'm just curious as to why you would want to try to change this unless I have misunderstood you in some way.
    Because I used to play viola?

True statement, but not the reason and no remapping of sounds. The explanation given is correct.

Ernie

Go Back to forum