• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX - resources taxed

Share/Bookmark

RMX - resources taxed

First off - love this tool!!! But has anyone else notice how taxing it is on a system (running C4 on PC)?

Hope I have the latest update but I notice that of all my Vsti's this one stresses my DAW the most.

For sure I can still run but would like you opinions of what I could do in this regard.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: RMX - resources taxed

Not enough info.

Depends entirely on what you are doing, how you are using it, what your system configuration is, etc.

Sorry.

PC
    4 gig ram (using 3 gb switch)
    Duo intel CPU 3.0
    Cubase 4.x (latest build)
    XP - 32 bit

Using it primarily within Cubase.

Hope that is enough. Thanks Eric for any advice you may have to optimize. Been using it for a few years and get by but if there is something I can tweak to make things run smoother (it takes longer to freeze this instrument, load it, tells me often that I am 'nearly out of ram' do I really want to load more samples, etc.)

I upgrade this DAW every 18 months and is due in the next 6 months - I am sure that will help using the new quad core CPU's - but......

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Yes, you are correct Rob, it taxes my system much more than any other plug and with less instances and tracks.

D

RMX is capable of doing a lot, probably more than almost any other plugin. However, it is very efficient with the cpu. If you ask it do a little, it won't use much cpu. If you ask it to do a lot, it will use more, but as efficiently as possible. For tips on conserving cpu, see the section in the manual about power conservation.

- Glenn

Are you using Groove Mode? I like it best for Realtime work, but it loads a *lot* of loops-you can check the info window to see- which will hit your memory hard.

Be sure to check the online help.

HTH

Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    RMX is capable of doing a lot, probably more than almost any other plugin. However, it is very efficient with the cpu. If you ask it do a little, it won't use much cpu. If you ask it to do a lot, it will use more, but as efficiently as possible. For tips on conserving cpu, see the section in the manual about power conservation.

- Glenn
    Ah, but nobody is saying it isn't efficient, just that it uses loads of juice compared with other VSTi.

D

Rob's system is plenty fast for RMX.

The most valuable thing to do is to read the Power Conservation chapter in the reference guide.

Customers can view it online here:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/rmx...al/page03.html

Thanks Guys - I'll give that a read tonight.

All the best,

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Cool Re: RMX - resources taxed

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott View Post
    PC
    4 gig ram (using 3 gb switch)
    Rob
    Does anyone have any real scoop on the whole 3GB switch thing? I have never noticed any performance or other empiracle perceptions when I have tried this. Does Spectrum have any opinion on this 3 GB switch?

Thanks guys

Go Back to forum