• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein Horns Vol.1

Chris Hein Horns Vol.1

Here's a short jazz vamp using CHH VOL. 1 (At Berklee they used to call it "Burning Out" )

As always... feedback is welcome!

I have been really impressed with the sound of the this library. I am excited about what VOL.2 will be like!

Re: Chris Hein Horns Vol.1

The bass is CHH upright. The drums are TT Superior and the piano is Logic's Steinway.

The Tenor sax in this library sounds like it weighs a ton! I mean that to say a lot of other sax libraries that I use are very harsh thin and it's hard to listen to them for extended periods of time. CHH tenor has buttery "pp" and "mp" layers that enables me to play very sensitively.

If I had more time I would change the drums and add more verb to the sax. Overall though I pleased with how it turned out.

Let me know what you think.

Mate, I'm pretty new to this whole computer music thing and so I'm no expert but as someone who's done a million big band gigs I can't believe the sax aint the real thing.

You got anything else featuring this library (particuarly Trpts/Tbns)

I have a few tunes that I am going to redo with CHH. I'll post them when I finish. Thanks for listening.

the problem is in the fast lines, no sax player is going to tongue each note, so the attack on each of those notes is going to give off a very fake sound to my ears, being a sax player for almost 30 years. It has a lot of sensitivity in the performance and the kind of licks you choose are typical for tenor in structure and style... the high G (F concert) sounds very Joe Lovano style... it would be convincing used in a section possibly but as a solo to my ears its not quite there. As good as anything I have heard for sax in that style tho, but its not a live player
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer

Here is an alto sax demo. I tried to pay more attention to the attacks. I could probably get it a bit better if I spend more time on it.

Thanks for listening!

I've almost come to an end of my experiment with this library.
    I haven't played any better horn samples for the kind of music that I make.
    Though I haven't by any means exhausted the possibilities, I simply need to get some work done

here's a tune with trumpet and tenor:

my final piece will include the trombone.

Go Back to forum