• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI - intermission music

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI" - The Apostolic Palace

scene 6 - Act 2 -

Re: "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI - intermission music

It is virtually impossible to make a detailed statement on such a vast work. The scope of writing is huge in terms of varying styles, tonal presentations and rhythmic complexities. You have used a wide range of moods - and they all work; together and alone. I applaud your musical abilities and your willingness to attack such a project.

Well, Fed, as far as "muzak" goes, this is pretty good stuff! After such a dramatic intro, the light touch that followed was quite a surpise, but definitely not an unwelcome one. It sounded much of the time like light-hearted "cruisin' music" -- exactly what you need for the purpose here. Good job!

Danny

Post Re: "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI - intermission music

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Well, Fred, as far as "muzak" goes, this is pretty good stuff! After such a dramatic intro, the light touch that followed was quite a surprise, but definitely not an unwelcome one. It sounded much of the time like light-hearted "cruisin' music" -- exactly what you need for the purpose here. Good job!

Danny
    Hi Danny,
    Here is an update of my play:

"The Pharaoh's Paramour"

Thanks for lending an ear,

Fred

I admit I got a kick out of the Microsoftized narrator
    in Paramour... loved the music.

This has been a great adventure, Fredrik, listening
    to this grand scenario unfold!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Cool Re: "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI - ROMA videoscore

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    It is virtually impossible to make a detailed statement on such a vast work. The scope of writing is huge in terms of varying styles, tonal presentations and rhythmic complexities. You have used a wide range of moods - and they all work; together and alone. I applaud your musical abilities and your willingness to attack such a project.
    Thanks for lending an ear Tom,

You are welcome to listen to my latest update with videoscore called "ROMA"!

Regards,

Fred

Cool Re: "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI - intermission music

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    I admit I got a kick out of the Microsoftized narrator
    in Paramour... loved the music.

This has been a great adventure, Fredrik, listening
    to this grand scenario unfold!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    Hi David,

While preparing to write my next episode I stumbled across some interesting information. Mario Puzo, who wrote "The Godfather", never met any criminals in real life. All his material was taken from what he had read about Pope Alexander VI and the Borgia family, especially Don Cesare Borgia and Lucretia Borgia!

Fred

Fredrik:

A very large score and even larger ability to produce it.
    Congratulations on proving that the symphonic form can
    come "alive" with sampled instruments.

BRAVO, Fredrik

P.S. I liked the mp3 better.....the quality of sound was so
    much better than the video score.
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Fredrik

The muzak was a total surprise. It works in your context and for screen, I can see where you are coming from. Just a first that I have heard from you.

Well done

Ron

Cool Re: "CHATEAU MACHIAVELLI - intermission music

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Fredrik

The muzak was a total surprise. It works in your context and for screen, I can see where you are coming from. Just a first that I have heard from you.

Well done

Ron
    Yes Ron,

I wanted to surprise with some some soft intermissional muzak because of what's coming next... As I have mentioned before to David yesterday, when I stumbled across information about Mario Puzo (writer of "Godfather"). All the material Puzo used had it's source; "The Godfather". Everything in his books was from what he had read about the Borgia family - Don Rodrigo, Don Cesare (son) and Lucretia Borgia (daughter). Mario Puzo himself never met a gangster in his life...

Yes, this famous American movie (Original music by Nino Rota), about the Maffia with Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone. The character of the Godfather is actually Don Rodrigo, which equalls to Don Rodrigo Pope of Rome (Alexander VI). He was elected by cheating. He was a MONSTER of iniquity even by the standards of his day.

Well! Now you know a little bit more about the sources I use for my "Chateau Machiavelli", which is my own version of "The Godfather" set in Alexander's own hometown. The next chapter will open up in a Cathedral scene. This one is inspired by another source... (Marlowe's, "The Tragical story of Doctor Faustus"), where Christophe Marlowe paints a dark satyr of some Cardinals from that time.

I won't say more now, cause it's high time for me to start to grab my pen and scetch the next scene Entrance of the Cardinals.and the Apostolic Palace, when Orgando and King Gore arrive to the Cathedral wearing helmets that make them invisible. So now they are free to pull the Cardinals' legs without getting caught and burned alive by the Monster pope of Rome!

Regards,

Fred

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast