• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good ol' fashioned lost

Share/Bookmark

Question Good ol' fashioned lost

Got Gofriller Solo Cello in the mail today.

Problem: Kontakt 2 VST crashes Cubase SX 3.1.1 when selected. Cubase goes dead then BSOD follows

Edit: The Standalone Kontakt Player works ok

But before I get BSOD, I'm able to bring up task manager to attempt to end Cubase (task manager takes 5 minutes to appear). It says my CPU usage is 100% ... How can that be? I'm by no means a techie so maybe someone can help me out here.

In my research before posting, I was able to ascertain that there are supposedly "issues" with using Kontakt 2 as a VST with Cubase. I wasn't able to find specifics as to what the issues were however.

Installation went fine. My DAW isn't connected online. I'm going through the offline activation process which has hit a snag. Is that a problem maybe?

Note - GS3 is not running at the same time. Only Cubase

Sys Specs

Motherboard - ASUS P4C800-E DELUXE CANTERWOOD
    Processor - Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Prescott 3.2GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 478
    RAM - (2) Corsair VS1GBKIT400 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200
    Videocard - VGA ATIOEM|RADEON 9200SE 128M DDRTV
    Audio Interface - Echo MIA MIDI Digital Audio and MIDI Card
    C:/ (1) 80GB Seagate HD - OS & other crap
    D:/ (1) 120GB Seagate HD - Samples

Software -

Windows XP Pro SP2
    GigaStudio Orchestra 3.04
    Cubase SX3.1.1

Re: Good ol' fashioned lost

Quote Originally Posted by MayorPeete View Post
    Got Gofriller Solo Cello in the mail today.

Problem: Kontakt 2 VST crashes Cubase SX 3.1.1 when selected. Cubase goes dead then BSOD follows

Edit: The Standalone Kontakt Player works ok
    When you say "Kontakt 2... crashes", do you really the "Kontakt 2 Player VST" or the (Full) Kontakt 2 product?

In either case, my only suggestion would be to download the most current version of the sample engine:
    -- Kontakt 2 v2.2.4
    -- Kontakt Player 2 v2.2.4

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...?id=updates_us

The Kontakt 2 VST causes the crash (I'm assuming that's what's going on).

I pull up the VST menu, select Kontakt 2 Player (happens with 16 out and 8 out variations as well) and then boom Cubase stops responding.

When I end the task I'm taken to the magical land of BSOD: Where memory dumps and restarts are an essential part of life.

Thanks for the heads up on the update. I'm downloading that right now. Hopefully this is what cures my problem.

Wafflemaster that did the trick thanks!

So now I have to figure out why I can't load instruments in GS3 all of a sudden

Go Back to forum