• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's the best AU Host for Mac?

Share/Bookmark

What's the best AU Host for Mac?

Been trying out Rax. Great but it only allows 1 stereo output pair, and only one 16 channel midi port from Midioverlan.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Joel
    www.joeldouek.com

"Show me your Pasodoble!"

Re: What's the best AU Host for Mac?

Have you tried Mainstage?
    From what i understand it will support whatever specs your midi or audiointerface offers.

I'm not a Logic user. Can it be used as a standalone? Can't seem to find a way to get it without buying Logic. Looks interesting though.
    www.joeldouek.com

Its only available as a part of Logic Studio but you can use it as a standalone application.
    Even if you never use Logic, the massive amount of Apple Loops and Soundtrack Pro and of course Mainstage make the 500$ a worthwhile investment IMHO.

Hans

OK got it & am trying it out. Can't seem to get all ports from Midioverlan to show up as available, but the multiple outputs definitely work. Thanks for the help.

Joel
    www.joeldouek.com

i use it with two old emagic USB interfaces (AMT8 and MT4)
    Hope you get the MIDI overlan to work.

Hans

So in the end, neither Mainstage nor Rax seems to allow you do put a VSL performance tool into play. But Plogue Bidule does. Very impressive little piece of software. This will be useful for anyone planning to use GVI4 on Mac with their Vienna first/pro edition/horizon performance samples.

I now have Kontakt 3 running (imported) giga samples with the VSL standalone performance tool for mac. Yay! Bye bye PC's!

Cheers,
    Joel
    www.joeldouek.com

Bidule is my favorite.

Go Back to forum