• Register
  • Help

Topic: Testing "the Trumpet": sample-modeling + samle libraries

Share/Bookmark

Smile Testing "the Trumpet": classical demo sample-modeling + sample libraries

I did this rough mix of Haydn concerto, 3rd movement main theme exposition, during beta testing.

You may listen to the results:

http://www.fabiovicentini.com/haydn%20tr%20conc%20.mp3

I add a few comments:

- the amount of work to make standard libraries play fine, is huge compared to the quick and flexible programming of sample modelling. It was true for Violin and Cello, it's still true and funny with the last excellent and advanced Trumpet.

- to make the strings (even the good VSL Chamber featured in the demo) sound more natural, I insert 2 Stradivari and a Gofriller. They add a real 1st player to the ensemble and keep articulation and sound more real.

- the classical performance being so basic (no jazzy nor modern style articulations) the programming is so quick: almost out of the box, just setting up few controllers, and then using expression, modulation and velocity for programming. The results are anyway so fine variation with nuances and natural sound, due to the deep and advanced scripting of the instrument, following the behaviour of the real one, note by note, phrase by phrase.

- I used the 3 trumpets available for sessions: 1st is the solo trumpet, trumpet 2 and 3 are the orchestra trumpets.

I apologize if I've been to quick, and if I'm missing some performance or conducting quality, be aware that everything is just my choice, and not forced by the instrument: you may do it different, if just you want...just try...

Re: Testing "the Trumpet": sample-modeling + samle libraries

now we are talking!

I love this. So much warmth and nuance in the trumpet; even though it's not always 100% compared to a real musician, the sound has personality and you can feel affection for it.

Keep up the great work-thank you!

Nigel

Wonderful Fabio - I think I may just 'dust off' my Strad and try blending with my VSL.

Of course the trumpet sounds great.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Thumbs up Re: Testing "the Trumpet": sample-modeling + samle libraries

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott View Post
    Wonderful Fabio - I think I may just 'dust off' my Strad and try blending with my VSL.

Of course the trumpet sounds great.

Rob
    Hi Rob,
    yes do it, you will be happy. For the music you do, even "The Trumpet" will be a usefull and effective piece of software: I recommend it.

Thanks Fabio. I am for sure planning on picking this Trumpet up. From what I hear it is a 'no brainer' purchase.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum