• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Two Hearts In 3/4 Time"

Share/Bookmark

"Two Harps In 3/4 Time"

The title in the main listing is incorrect. It should be "Two Harps..." as shown below in the body of this posting. The system does not allow me to edit it to correct my mistake. LGA

All,

This is my "Two Harps In 3/4 Time".

I first posted it over two years ago and since then I have changed keys, partially rewritten it and then remixed it.

It features the GPO chromatic harps one and two on opposite sides of the "stage".

Regards,

Larry

Re: "Two Hearts In 3/4 Time"

Larry:
    I don't mean to keep 'harping' on the same subject but you really pulled all of the right 'strings' this time, and you can believe me, because I am not a 'lyre.'
    I am amazed at how you can manipulate so many notes with that sequencer. I have looked, with awe and wonder at Audacity, and those charts with thousands of peaks and valleys make me want to go hide in the basement.
    By the way, another one of your most artistic endeavors. *****

sos(Steve)

Quote Originally Posted by sosmus View Post
    Larry:
    I don't mean to keep 'harping' on the same subject but you really pulled all of the right 'strings' this time, and you can believe me, because I am not a 'lyre.'
    I am amazed at how you can manipulate so many notes with that sequencer. I have looked, with awe and wonder at Audacity, and those charts with thousands of peaks and valleys make me want to go hide in the basement.
    By the way, another one of your most artistic endeavors. *****

sos(Steve)
    Your message hits my punny bone.

Thanks for listening, Mr. Steve. I appreciate it.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Just the right piece for my "moment." When I close my eyes I see the dolls dancing gracefully on top of the music box.

Larry - That I don't comment often on your music doesn't indicate that I don't listen and/or don't appreciate it. Please know that it's all heard. I have so little time to myself that observations on pieces are rare--it's all I can do most nights to take the time to read current posts and give a quick listen in the listening room.

I would like to know if your Harpists are available to play for a forty-fourth anniversary celebration I'm trying to arrange for a friend. If they can't make a personal appearance, perhaps I could just share the recording!

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaquette View Post
    Just the right piece for my "moment." When I close my eyes I see the dolls dancing gracefully on top of the music box.

Larry - That I don't comment often on your music doesn't indicate that I don't listen and/or don't appreciate it. Please know that it's all heard. I have so little time to myself that observations on pieces are rare--it's all I can do most nights to take the time to read current posts and give a quick listen in the listening room.

I would like to know if your Harpists are available to play for a forty-fourth anniversary celebration I'm trying to arrange for a friend. If they can't make a personal appearance, perhaps I could just share the recording!
    I will check with my "Harpists" to see what is on their schedule. Then, I will have their people call your people.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

Actually, I think the "Two Hearts" title fits this piece pretty well. Although there's plenty of counterpoint going on (expertly executed as usual), this is also very romantic at the same time - no wonder the request from jmpaquette! I really like the magically serene music box quality you managed to evoke not just from the sound of the harps themselves, but from the tenderly melodic interplay in which you engage them. I agree with sos... this is you at your artistic best!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW View Post
    Hi Larry,

Actually, I think the "Two Hearts" title fits this piece pretty well. Although there's plenty of counterpoint going on (expertly executed as usual), this is also very romantic at the same time - no wonder the request from jmpaquette! I really like the magically serene music box quality you managed to evoke not just from the sound of the harps themselves, but from the tenderly melodic interplay in which you engage them. I agree with sos... this is you at your artistic best!

Danny
    That's very nice of you, Mr. Danny. Thanks for the kind words.

Live long and prosper!

Yore Fren,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

refreshing! Nice melody, awesome rendering. I want those harp players too, but as I see they are booked until 2010. Great stuff you wrote.

How is your health?

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Larry,

refreshing! Nice melody, awesome rendering. I want those harp players too, but as I see they are booked until 2010. Great stuff you wrote.

How is your health?

Raymond
    I am pleased that you like "Two Harps...", Mr. Raymond. Thanks for taking the time to listen.

My health is not good, but that is the price I must pay for being so ancient. Thank you for inquiring.

Best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Your Two Harps was very nice. Pleasant, relaxing and fun to listen to.

We're having a pretty cold March so far after a warm February this year. Up here it's spring when the moss quits growing which is toward the end of April.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast