• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hardware/Software Synthesis

Hardware/Software Synthesis

I need all your advice

I currently am looking for a good Hardware/Software Synth that can produce Organic type sounds, and rhytms, such as the Tr909 series or Linn Drum sets. I am looking for rhytms/and organic type stuff similar to Enigma/Deep Forest stuff, but also am looking for sounds similar to BT drums. I love the rhytms from Fast and Furious and also like the beats in KPAX movie.

What Synth Hardware or Software or Giga Libraries would you recommend. I currently have a Roland xp30, but find its limiting with these type rhytms. Also is there any other Synth that will give me the above requirements as well as good Orchestral sounds? I have been looking at the Yamaha EX5 and VL 1M.

Any suggestions welcome!

Please shed some light, its dark in here

[This message has been edited by caveman (edited 04-03-2002).]

Re: Hardware/Software Synthesis

I haven\'t tried it (and I\'m not sure if it\'s on the market yet) but you should have a look at the new Kontakt system from Native Instruments: http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?kontakt_us

It may be the answer to all of your wishes in a single package (by the way, if you eventually get one, please post and let us know what you think: it looks very powerful and only seems to lack streaming technolgy).

The specs on this thing make it look very tempting.

Thanks Z6 I will ook into that

I read a little on this, but am also truly looking for that nice Enigma type Drum Beat.

Anyone used the Ex5?

I have an EX5...good presets but I find that if you\'re ready to dig in, you\'ll find that it\'s a very creative synth.
    There\'s PCM, analog and VL modeling in there as well. Also there\'s a good selection of onboard FX.
    thumbs up!

Go Back to forum